Help & Support!!! Not Criticism..Im going to do it and U can do it with me if u want.

First day is always the hardest, just keep busy and don't let things bother you if you can. You can do it! : D xx

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBIg6FcSjy4&feature=related

goodluck! U quit smoking 3 months or so into my pregnancy, after I had cut back ALOT! ... it was hard, but one day I told myself no more, and haven't had one since. Best thing I ever did. I feel so much better!

you can do it!!!!

I'm not a smoker at all, but just wanted to say good luck! I'm sure you can manage it! :hugs:

Im not a smoker and never have been - but I wanted to wish you luck!!

Also, dont know if this will help or not - but my aunty swore by this when she quit years ago....every time she wanted to smoke she went to brush her teeth. She said it made her mouth feel so fresh that she didnt want to ruin it with smoke after this. She had GREAT teeth by the time she stopped doing this! lol! Hope it helps - perhaps worth a shot?

xxxxx

Good luck! I smoked quite a bit before and up until about 24 weeks, and suddenly i just thought that enough is enough and quit cold turkey. You can do it! The thing thats stopped the cravings is knowing that "okay ive not smoked for 2 days which is good so dont ruin it now!"

:)

Good luck! I used to smoke myself and gave up a few years ago so I know how hard it is. Wishing you the best - you won't regret it, I was shocked when I seen the price of ciggies the other day and it made me so happy I'd stopped before they got so expensive. xxx

£3.40 for a box of 10 of the ones I smoke..D:nope::dohh:

Thanks Bungle

How did you overcome your cravings???? Did u quit cold turkey??

Yes I decided that cold turkey was the only way forward. Still find it tempting to have one when I've had a drink (which hasn't been for ages - not a PROPER drink that is) but to be honest I don't know how I'd be able to afford to buy them now x

Not a smoker myself, but wishing you good luck. My step-father quit by using smokeless cigarettes, not sure where you can buy them though, but it works for him. xx

i know what you ladies mean about the prices, they've almost doubled in price since i gave up 4 yrs ago.....

its just shocking.... mind you the tax they get from smokers funds the NHS i read stats a few yrs ago that although a smoker need a lot more care due to issues caused by smoking they have paid this care something like 10 times over

Hi, I am not a smoker but my OH was and he stopped for 6 years (started again last year but says he is gonna stop at new year). Anyway he went cold turkey like you, threw everything away (even the glass ashtray i bought if someone needed one, lol) and told me that is def the best way to stop. He said it is hard the first couple of weeks and then it gets better. Good luck huney, you def can do it xxx

:thumbup:Thanks everyone...
Im going to try the brushing teeth technique..
I overcame that last craving I was having and decided to get off my fat ass and make some supper for us all..

Wow cant believe the days nearly over and I havent given in:happydance::happydance:..

Ive got one last hurdle to come the next few hours once kids are in bed and me & OH are having me time...I usually tend to have one/maybe two whilst hes watching tv and Im on here or watching telly with him.:blush:

:wacko: Cant wait till 11-11.30 bedtime for me and the day will be over and then I can officially say ive had no nicotine in my body for the past 24 hours..

Honestly guys i really did not think id get this far even though ive done it before ive never been this determined or this stressed with the hormones, kids OH etc.:growlmad:

I agree re quitting app, definitely take it one at a time and pretty soon you won't have smoked oj ages. I'm up to 217 days now, cikd turkey - the day of my bfp. Good luck hun x

I'm not a smoker but I just want to wish you good luck!!xx

Well done. If you find you are gettin tempted just come back on here and we will give you moral support x

Welldone,its never to late.Iv been smoke free for 13 months now :)

You can do it :kiss:

Hey, well done you!! I quit on the day of my positive test, and have to admit I still have cravings. The way i deal with it is by continuously sayin to myself... It will go in a minute, it will go in a minute.. And in a weird way I just forget about it and get on with something else. Good luck with your mission, I think there is only one person you can give up an addiction for... And that's yourself! :) xx

I quit when I found out I was pregnant, its gonna be tough but GOOD LUCK!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->