Help & Support!!! Not Criticism..Im going to do it and U can do it with me if u want.

Thanks my dear ladies..Not long till bed now and still smoke free...:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Getting really bad cravings though, like I want/need something but I dont know what its just a weird feeling which I probably wouldnt have had if Id smoked,,,I cant explain but someone must know what I mean.....:shrug:

Roll on Day 2!!!

Tomorrow is going to be a bigger challenge as Im going to be home most of the day:dohh: But Ive got 2 get through this...:winkwink: So need to find something else to do for my time out moments,:growlmad:

I haven't read all the posts, so hope I don't duplicate. Just some tips I heard though
Chewing normal gum
Sipping water when you have a craving
Figuring out which cigarettes are habit and which ones are real cravings. And then being extra vigilant at habit cigs. Eg on the way to the bus stop when you're going to work is most likely a habit cig.
Throw away all lighters, duty frees, ashtrays. So no temptations
Getting support from friends and family

Maybe your mw has a nhs consultant you could go to?

Good luck!

Popping over from ttc... I find when I quit smoking the key is to keep busy. Cleaning is great for that. Exercise because u feel the good effects of quoting faster. Chewing gum and lollies. If u have. A stressful day go for a walk or punch a boxing bag if u have one. Good luck on quoting I'm about to quit my self just gearing up for it. Ps I have no will power too. Bring on the choccies! :)

Popping over from ttc... I find when I quit smoking the key is to keep busy. Cleaning is great for that. Exercise because u feel the good effects of quoting faster. Chewing gum and lollies. If u have. A stressful day go for a walk or punch a boxing bag if u have one. Good luck on quoting I'm about to quit my self just gearing up for it. Ps I have no will power too. Bring on the choccies! :)

Dont even mention the choccies Ive had about 8 bars today:dohh: but Im pregnant which gives me an excuse lol...OH just looks at me in disgust:shrug:

Quit when you r ready love, good luck and if you need me pm me,

hey girlies off to bed...Not had a cig all day so proud of myself roll on day2.

:sleep::sleep: x x x x

Well done again on your first smoke free day :) Mine starts tomorrow, no more cigarettes in the house, all lighters have gone and anything else to do with smoking, luckily got a busy(ish) two days coming up so it shouldn't be TOO bad.... xx

hey, i have to say, good luck, i was a smoker for 6 years smoking i dont even know how many a day. and i have quit and i know you can do it! and good luck

i got help from someone who comes round everyso often now to see if im keeping it up, i used patches for a little while but i got an elergic reaction to them and i couldnt stand the taste of the gum or the inhulator. but i found that using the inhulator did help in a way!

instead of putting the capsules into the inhulator. i used it as something to ocupy my hands and put to and from my hands to my mouth. which worked for me. it was helping and i knew that my little one was not having any bad chemicals!
i wish you the best of luck in your mission

Just wanted to say well done and keep it up :) You will feel so much better for it. For one thing think of the money you will save. Maybe put the money in a jar that you would normally spend on cigarettes and treat yourself after a week or a month.

Keep going. xxxx

I started smoking at 13/14 too, and I smoked a lot. Stopped cold turkey when I was 17 for a year, split with my then bf and started again, then, and after a few months I was smoking at least 20 a day. Then..I cut back as of November last yr as my OH hates it, and stopped the same night I found out I was expecting, of course I got cravings, but I just thought of the baby and the smell of nicotine, and it's been easy, my sister and parents all smoke but they now go outside, and have been told when the baby comes their hands will need to be washed before holding him (u will find that ex smokers are worse than non smokers! I'm forever lecturing them and going nuts over the smell lol)

Getting induced today/tomorrow soo nervous, and would love a cigarette to calm my nerves, but hey ho :) trust me, it's worth stopping, I didn't realise at the time, but it really does make u stink, I'd rather smell nice and perfum-y haha xxx

Good luck!!!!

Well done again on your first smoke free day :) Mine starts tomorrow, no more cigarettes in the house, all lighters have gone and anything else to do with smoking, luckily got a busy(ish) two days coming up so it shouldn't be TOO bad.... xx

:happydance::happydance:go girl.. wishing you all the luck in the world.x x

I usually have one around now..I had a good night sleep too, but feeling really tired and grumpy..:wacko:

I need to get cleaning my bedroom right now it looks like a pig sty as when the clothes come out the wash and dried thats where they get dumped...really need to sort it.

Right I think im past this craving gna get off my ass have lots of chocolate and a cup of coffee to gain some energy and im off to my bedroom..

x x x

Oh & a very big well done to all you ladies who have quit and thankyou so much for your help and advice. x x x

Hiya hun, how's day 2 going for you?

Day 1 for me. Not had a cigarette since 11pm last night... So far cravings haven't been too bad, but I did sleep till 1pm as my OH kept me up all night with his bloody snoring lol.

I've got plenty to drink (water for when I get cravings and orange juice) and have already submerged my hands in hot bleachy water, so even if I was to falter it would be pointless because it would taste like absolute crap and well.... Like bleach lol.

Biggest test for me is going to be around 3.45pm, when both my boys are home from school and the stress levels begin to rise.. But I will push through it :)

Keep your good work up hun xxx

Oh and ONLY just realised you're due the day before me! lol xx

I'm an ex smoker too! Massive congrats on making the decision to quit.

I found changing my routine helped. Course you can't change everything, but I tried to do things different around the time I would normally DEFINITELY have a cig, like my morning cig, after food cig, and bedtime.
At night, I'd normally do all my cleaning so the house was nice in the morning. Then I'd sit and watch a bit of TV, have my final cig of the night and go straight to bed to sleep. Once I quit, I left my cleaning, and went to bed earlier and watched TV in bed. I never smoked in my room, so I found I didn't think about smoking as much.
Then in the morning to avoid the morning cig, I'd get up and brush the floors and neaten up. By then I'd be starving and it would be food time.
After every meal, instead of smoking, I'd wash the pots. I replaced the satisfaction of having a smoke, with the satisfaction of being clean.
I have always been a clean person, but not an overly organised and neat person. My house was never spotless when I smoked. HOWEVER, I'm now a neat freak! And it feels amazing. I replaced my love of smoking with a love of cleaning and organisation! :haha:

Wow! Great everyone quitting! I find the cold weather helps loads as I never smoked in the house anyway, and the thought of going outside is this weather puts me off now hehe! I'd say cold turkeys deffiantely better! I havnt smoked for 6 months now and its really easy now, but I always say 'I just fancy a cig' haha! The craving will never actually go! My doctor told me nicotine receptors stay dormant in your brain for the rest of your life so even someone who hasn't spoked for 30 years will still get that little craving from the smell of someone lighting up! So strange good luck with the rest of your smoke free days! XxxxX

heya hope your still being strong

to help keep you on track...

check out my journal, go to the last page and read about the phone call i took last night..... if your touch another cig after that i'll be amazed

warning contains health issues related to smoking

Day 1 for me. Not had a cigarette since 11pm last night... So far cravings haven't been too bad, but I did sleep till 1pm as my OH kept me up all night with his bloody snoring lol.

I've got plenty to drink (water for when I get cravings and orange juice) and have already submerged my hands in hot bleachy water, so even if I was to falter it would be pointless because it would taste like absolute crap and well.... Like bleach lol.

Biggest test for me is going to be around 3.45pm, when both my boys are home from school and the stress levels begin to rise.. But I will push through it :)

:hi: hun,

Aww Im so chuffed for you ...I know how hard it is at stressed times when you just wanna go and have time out Im like that at the moment so thought it would be a good idea to come on here and update :winkwink:

I havent been too bad today went out for a bit this morning ( was supposed to be tidying the bedroom but never got it done) Then took kids to stay n play came back and we all had a nap just got up a bit ago and gave the kids a snack..so with me keeping myself occupied I havent really had time to think about it. But now the kids are sat with their dad having a snack I could really sneak out round the back..( God! I make it sound like Im having an affair) but...I aint got none so its not happening:thumbup:

Hehe youre right were bump buddys too lol :happydance: Well not long left now for our little xmas bundles to be here. x x x :kiss:

heya hope your still being strong

to help keep you on track...

check out my journal, go to the last page and read about the phone call i took last night..... if your touch another cig after that i'll be amazed

warning contains health issues related to smoking

Hey Thanks for your support, :hugs::hugs: I really dont know what to say that is devastating news and I do hope its been caught early and is treatable:hugs:..

& hopefully myself and 05mummy07 who are in the process of quitting will not turn back to smoking...but we are only human at the end of the day and sometimes you tend to forget or other things take their toll Im not making excuses for quitters/smokers...because i believe everyone is aware of the risks and like you said in your journal "you always think it won't happen to me"...

So hopefully we will stay strong for our own sakes. x x x

i hope you do, as an ex smoker i know how hard it is, the temptation. but when something like this happens so close to your heart it really does effect you

the last time i seen my uncle the last thing i done was nip to the car and give him a packet of cigs i had in the glove box for a very long time as i had quit by then..... right now i feel so so guilty about that, but reguardless of me giving him a few cigs he would have bough another packet and another and..........

:hi: hun,

Aww Im so chuffed for you ...I know how hard it is at stressed times when you just wanna go and have time out Im like that at the moment so thought it would be a good idea to come on here and update :winkwink:

I havent been too bad today went out for a bit this morning ( was supposed to be tidying the bedroom but never got it done) Then took kids to stay n play came back and we all had a nap just got up a bit ago and gave the kids a snack..so with me keeping myself occupied I havent really had time to think about it. But now the kids are sat with their dad having a snack I could really sneak out round the back..( God! I make it sound like Im having an affair) but...I aint got none so its not happening:thumbup:

Hehe youre right were bump buddys too lol :happydance: Well not long left now for our little xmas bundles to be here. x x x :kiss:

It's so hard isn't it when you're feeling bored, but you're doing well :)

My eldest is being so horrible to my right now, but I'm pushing through it, had a good cry earlier through being so stressed out but the moment's passed now, Wednesday is going to be a hard one for me as I have my Grandad's funeral, but he'd be so proud of me for quitting so I refuse to give in :) xx

Not long to wait now at all!!! :happydance: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"