Help & Support!!! Not Criticism..Im going to do it and U can do it with me if u want.

i hope you do, as an ex smoker i know how hard it is, the temptation. but when something like this happens so close to your heart it really does effect you

the last time i seen my uncle the last thing i done was nip to the car and give him a packet of cigs i had in the glove box for a very long time as i had quit by then..... right now i feel so so guilty about that, but reguardless of me giving him a few cigs he would have bough another packet and another and..........

Hey hun, :hugs:

I really dont know what to say...but dont feel guilty becuz as you said youre uncle would have gone and bought a pack anyway..:hugs:

& hopefully will definately not be giving into temptation because Ive quit before and suffer the worst nd then go back to smoking which is silly really as why put myself through that just to go back to it.

Hiya hun, how's day 2 going for you?

Day 1 for me. Not had a cigarette since 11pm last night... So far cravings haven't been too bad, but I did sleep till 1pm as my OH kept me up all night with his bloody snoring lol.

I've got plenty to drink (water for when I get cravings and orange juice) and have already submerged my hands in hot bleachy water, so even if I was to falter it would be pointless because it would taste like absolute crap and well.... Like bleach lol.

Biggest test for me is going to be around 3.45pm, when both my boys are home from school and the stress levels begin to rise.. But I will push through it :)

Keep your good work up hun xxx

:hi: hun,

Aww Im so chuffed for you ...I know how hard it is at stressed times when you just wanna go and have time out Im like that at the moment so thought it would be a good idea to come on here and update :winkwink:

I havent been too bad today went out for a bit this morning ( was supposed to be tidying the bedroom but never got it done) Then took kids to stay n play came back and we all had a nap just got up a bit ago and gave the kids a snack..so with me keeping myself occupied I havent really had time to think about it. But now the kids are sat with their dad having a snack I could really sneak out round the back..( God! I make it sound like Im having an affair) but...I aint got none so its not happening:thumbup:

Hehe youre right were bump buddys too lol :happydance: Well not long left now for our little xmas bundles to be here. x x x :kiss:

It's so hard isn't it when you're feeling bored, but you're doing well :)

My eldest is being so horrible to my right now, but I'm pushing through it, had a good cry earlier through being so stressed out but the moment's passed now, Wednesday is going to be a hard one for me as I have my Grandad's funeral, but he'd be so proud of me for quitting so I refuse to give in :) xx

Not long to wait now at all!!! :happydance: xx

Aww bless you hun,,, you are doing really well and my girls have been horrible to me as well today they wont stop fighting:dohh:

And come wednesday you will be over the worst :happydance: and if you need any help, support, advice, motivation am sure all the bnb sisters will be here to helpl.. x x x :kiss::kiss:

:growlmad: I could really just tell him to Fuck Off Right NOW!!!!

SO what if theres toys in the living room?

So what if theres a few dishes in the kitchen sink?

SO what if the windows havent been cleaned?

So what if the blinds need dusting?

FFS Im 35 weeks pregnant with a 3yo and a 18 month old both at home...Im not a fuvking machine and kids will be kids if im in the kitchen they make a mess in the living room if im cleaning the living room 3yo is in my bedroom and 18mo hs got her hands down the toilet...:dohh:

I get tired, I have to supervise the kids, everynight when they go to bed I spotless the damn place..OK so you help out with the hoover big fucking wow...try being friggin pregnant.

All I get is "My mom did it"!! :dohh: Well I aint your mom mate Im ya facking missus..so like it or lump it..Im fed up...:growlmad::growlmad:

Right now I could stick 2 fags where the sun dont shine and smoke them too thats how peeved I am..:growlmad::growlmad:

But I aint giving in Im doing this for me not him,..
Soz guys bit OT rant over.. x x x x

Rant all you want because if you put up with all that and still didnt have a ciggie you are doing VERY well!!!! His mum might have done all that, but probably didnt have the house absolutely spotless if she was pregnant and had small children, and if she did he would have been a small child so how does he remember exactly how clean the house was!!! xxx

Rant all you want because if you put up with all that and still didnt have a ciggie you are doing VERY well!!!! His mum might have done all that, but probably didnt have the house absolutely spotless if she was pregnant and had small children, and if she did he would have been a small child so how does he remember exactly how clean the house was!!! xxx

Thanks hun,,

Well apparently she did without any help from his dad and she had 11 kids :shrug::shrug:
Fuck knows how she did it but according to OH she did..He has just really really pissed me off then he says I'll do it myslef and his damn cleaning is stuffing everyhting in a corner :dohh: which makes it harder for me as I then have to sort it all out:growlmad: !!!!

Oh tell him to eff off!!

He'd hate my sodding house right now, it's a shithole, but you know what... I don't care!!! I live here... Two kids live here of course it's going to get messy. I HATE HATE HATE houses that are so spotless they look like showhomes... How is that homely?! Mess proves we live in it!

He wants to try lugging around a 35 week bump and see if he's up to doing everything on top of it.

But seriously well done on not giving in when things get tough :) xx

I was a smoker from 13- 20
tried quitting 7 times over 7 years, never managed it, im now 2 and half months and going strong
If i can do it you can hun, im a ratty bitch without my morning ciggy, and yeah ive replaced ciggys with coffee (not advised by MW) but oh well, its helped and ive stopped and now im not looking back, smell of ashtrays and smokers knock me sick and i cant believe i used to smell like that.
If you really want it, you can do it

:hi: Still rite peeved with OH we have just had supper together but Im not talking too him:wacko:

Oh my I cant believe broccoli could taste soo good...thats the taste buds coming back me thinks..:happydance:

Im Actually dying to have 1 right now:blush:..(partly to pee OH) and also coz i had a big supper..but NO chance..Im gonna get thru this.

:kiss: x x

:hi: Still rite peeved with OH we have just had supper together but Im not talking too him:wacko:

Oh my I cant believe broccoli could taste soo good...thats the taste buds coming back me thinks..:happydance:

Im Actually dying to have 1 right now:blush:..(partly to pee OH) and also coz i had a big supper..but NO chance..Im gonna get thru this.

:kiss: x x

I used to love dairylea when I was younger and went off it as I got older as it didn't really taste like much. Once I gave up smoking I ate a dairylea triangle out of the blue one day and OMG it tasted like when I was younger! Dairylea hadnt lost its taste - I had lost my taste, now they taste as good as they did years ago, so it really does make a difference in your taste buds! xxx

:hissy::hissy: grrrrr Why is it that a stupid bit of paper with a foam end filled with a bit of tobacco can take us well ME over physically and mentally..:shrug:

Well Im fighting back and have not given in:winkwink:

But I feel absolute shite:sad2:, Im snappy, pissed off & cant seem to concentrate...Arghh what is this I wasnt on class A drugs why have these stupid cigs taken over my mind & body so much so its really affecting me??

:growlmad::growlmad:

I hope the ^^^ makes sense im all over the place at the mo.. x x x

I really feel for you. Well done on not giving in. Honestly, it does get easier.

You are doing so well :)

Aw thanks hun Im trying so hard cant believe i havent smoked for almost 48 hours WOW!!! Just sat down now trying to relax having a RLT and then Im hitting bed...

Starting day 3 tomorrow..woohoo...I really want these horrible craving feelings to end.

x x x

05mummy07,

Well done on your 1st day I hope it gets easier for you...Good Luck babe. x x x

Thank you hun, well done on day 3!! I've now not had one for a full 24 hours :D feeling crap but oh well. x

I have never smoked but i wish you ladies the best of luck, remember each day you quit you are doing the best thing ever!! x

I am wanting to quit as well - started when I was 13, now 31. Quit 2 weeks before getting preggo the firs time, and started up again when she was 7 months old :( I am down to 7 a day (used to be 18 a day) and am willing to try cold turkey. I am 29 weeks as of tomorrow and really do not want my new bub to associate mama with the smell of an ashtray YUCK! I am planning on quitting this Sunday (it is Thursday night now). Good luck to you (and to me LOL)

Morning mummymia... Welcome to day 3 for you! And day 2 for me :) Cravings haven't been bad at all yet... I even watched my OH roll a cigarette this morning without wanting to lunge for him and snatch it haha.

I found day 3 the hardest last time when I quit, no idea why, but I was so moody, grouchy and the cravings were aweful for me, sending you so many positive vibes :D

MissIntrigue - Quit when you are ready hun, It's so much harder to do when you just don't feel ready in yourself to give up the habit. I've been trying to quit all through this pregnancy, got myself off the aweful things for a week but stupidly had one for some silly reason and started up again, biggest mistake I've made yet (bar starting in the first place).
There are a lot of condescending people around BUT there are also a lot of people who will genuinly help you instead of judging! Do you have any support at home in quitting?! xxx

I am wanting to quit as well - started when I was 13, now 31. Quit 2 weeks before getting preggo the firs time, and started up again when she was 7 months old :( I am down to 7 a day (used to be 18 a day) and am willing to try cold turkey. I am 29 weeks as of tomorrow and really do not want my new bub to associate mama with the smell of an ashtray YUCK! I am planning on quitting this Sunday (it is Thursday night now). Good luck to you (and to me LOL)

Hey welcome on board hun,

You quit whenever you feel you are ready and we will be here to support you all the way!!!

Ive quit and gone back before it does suck.:growlmad: But atm Im trying really hard to keep strong and lay off.

Morning mummymia... Welcome to day 3 for you! And day 2 for me :) Cravings haven't been bad at all yet... I even watched my OH roll a cigarette this morning without wanting to lunge for him and snatch it haha.

I found day 3 the hardest last time when I quit, no idea why, but I was so moody, grouchy and the cravings were aweful for me, sending you so many positive vibes :D

MissIntrigue - Quit when you are ready hun, It's so much harder to do when you just don't feel ready in yourself to give up the habit. I've been trying to quit all through this pregnancy, got myself off the aweful things for a week but stupidly had one for some silly reason and started up again, biggest mistake I've made yet (bar starting in the first place).
There are a lot of condescending people around BUT there are also a lot of people who will genuinly help you instead of judging! Do you have any support at home in quitting?! xxx

Afternoon 05mummy07,

Day 3 is taking its toll I had doctors this morning, came home got kids bathed, dressed and fed and went to sleep Ive just woke up a abit ago, so havent had the chance to crave yet:happydance:

Today is really challenging though as Im snapping at OH for no apparent reason I even got an apology for him telling me to clean up and now he doesnt care if the house is a mess and he dont mind if I dont do it:haha:

I was reading the NHS quit app earlier and it said somewhere in there "Treat yourself at the end of the first quit week" The only treat I could think of was having a ciggie....:blush:

:thumbup:& girl u must have some willpower if you sat there watching your OH coz if that was me :shrug:

How u keeping up so far today???..OH has taken DD2 out for a bit so Im thinking I may as well make a start on the cleaning. x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->