HELP temp shift but negative opk's

LizzyRose

Reaction score
Has anyone experienced a temp shift showing ovulation occured but has never gotten a positive opk? Did I ovulate?? Help!! Thanks

This is entirely possible, because you can miss your LH surge depending on when you tested. So let's say you only test once a day at 11am - you could have had your surge start in the afternoon which only lasts a few hours so by the time you test the next day it's down again. Are you testing after 10 am? Testing first thing in the am is not supposed to be the best time as it takes time during the day for the LH to build up.

Other thing I've read is that temps are much more reliable in telling you that you have in fact ovulated than OPKs, as it's very rare that your temp will surge unless you have in fact ovulated. Or at least I believe that's the case??

HI, I have had this happen now for 3 months.
Blood work done last year says that I am ovulating but over the last few months cant get a postive opk. So frustrating I have no idea what to do about it!!

In the last five months this is the only mont its happened to me. Fertility friend said I de ovulated but not a pos opk in sight! Have u had any other ovulation symptoms? Cramping, CM? Etc x

This has happened to me every month (trying 6 months), definite temp increase but no +ve opk's. So this month I bought a clear blue fertility monitor, I was really worried I wouldn't get a +ve but I did yay! I used opk's on the same days as my highs and peaks on the monitor - sometimes 2 a day but they didn't even look close to +ve... So weird! I have no idea why this happens to me so can't offer any advice but I would definitely recommend the clear blue fertility monitor. It is expensive new but sometimes you can find 2nd hand ones on eBay etc.
Also everything I've read says that the temp shift is most important to know if you have ovulated so if you have this I wouldn't be worried, it's just annoying I know if you can't get a +ve opk as this is the only indicator that your about to O.

:)

Yeah for sure, if you are getting a temp shift then assume O. I gave up on opks- partially because they never work (They are such a pain). Doc confirmed I was ovulating, and my charts say the same. I wouldn't worry at all, if you have the temp shift I am sure you are also getting a few other signs of O like cm changes?

Temp shift is more than enough for me to concluded I O'd, I would be more doubtful going by opks.

Thanks ladies I know I feel hearing this.Hope you do as well lizzy

Hey girls, yes I definetly feel better now. I do have O signs like O pain and CM so I figure I am ovulating it's just that some months I get a + and others I don't. It's weird. I don't think I'm going to use them anymore they just stress me out. I usually test around 5:30 pm when I come home from work and I drink a lot of water during the day so it might be that my urine is too diluted?? I don't know.... I guess temping is more reliable. GL to everyone xoxo

I agree, temping is much more accurate than opk for sure. OPK informs only that our body is preparing for ovulation, not that ovulation took place. My Dr told me that the best time for taking opk is around 11 am...at that time there is the least probability that you miss your chance to get a lh surge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->