Help the Albertans Celebrate Their Entrance Into the 21st Century!

Sarahkka

Mama to Two Fine Boys!
Reaction score
My fellow BnB'ers,
Something shocking has happened in Alberta.
Our provincial government has decided that their official policy on midwives is no longer to round them up on suspicion of witchcraft, but to instead now allow their services to be publicly funded though our healthcare system.
I almost fell off my chair when I heard this!
As of April 2009, I could choose to have a midwife and a home birth without paying some $3500 out of my own pocket!
Too bad my baby is due in December! :dohh:

But still, raise your glasses of wine, (er...water or juice for the preggos, I guess), to choice in women's health care! Choice in family health care!
Huzzah!
:happydance::happydance::happydance:

:shock:

They actually agree that there's a way to deliver a baby that doesn't involve a ton of doctors and nurses and your knees pushed up to your ears!?!?

Wow! Best get at it for a second as soon as possible to take advantage!

:shock:

They actually agree that there's a way to deliver a baby that doesn't involve a ton of doctors and nurses and your knees pushed up to your ears!?!?

Oh, I'm sure they'll set all sorts of restrictions. They are already yelping in the health care sector about the "danger!" of home births, and one OB was bitching about how he thought $4million on midwives was a shocking waste when the NICUs need to be expanded.
The midwife responded that with midwifery now funded, here's hoping the NICU won't be needed so often.
Snap!

Wow! Best get at it for a second as soon as possible to take advantage!

I've got it timed to the minute to account for aging eggs, mat leave benefits, and finances. Now I will add midwife funding to the equation and see what happens! Probably, I will just stare dumbly at the numbers, as math is one of the simple skills I have lost due to progesterone poisoning.
Or I may present my poor husband with a complicated chart detailing mandatory sex dates for the next three years to cover all possible scenarios!

Woop, woop!!!!

Now to add Doula's to the mix and we will be fun and fancy free!!!

Can't wait until my next pregnancy...er...:shock:....okay let's rephrase, will look forward to my next pregnancy being handled this way!

:happydance: :happydance:

Yay us!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"