Help!! Tmi

pinkneon

Birth mommy xx
Reaction score
Ok was just getting dressed and was looking at my boobs ... As you do ... Anyhow ... My nipples look a little cracked but also look like they have holes in them and one has clear liquid coming out ... What is this??? This sounds odd but you know when you squeeze a spot and the pus comes out and some of it is clear? Well that is what it looks like ... I have a doctors appointment later for something else and not sure whether I need to talk to them about this or not. Please help me!

:flower: Hi mine are excactly the same they are just getting bigger and swollen and preparing for feeding and the clear liquid is totaly normal aswell I also have that it is simply some leakage Ive had it all from 19 weeks gone :thumbup::thumbup: xx

Its just where your breasts are preparing for feeding.
The clear liquid is colostrum, the nourishing pre-milk your baby
will drink in the first days before the white hind-milk comes in around
day 3. x

Oh ... So why is it here so early?? I personally don't think my boobs have got any bigger but everyone else thinks they have :haha: though I have noticed my bras no longer fitting! :haha: :haha: What can I do about the cracked nipples? I've noticed it's only one boob that has the stuff coming out and only if I touch my boob ...!

This is a dumb question but can I stop it leaking????? The doctor told me earlier that it is sometimes unusal in a first pregnancy for this to happen yet ... Is that right?

I didn't begin to lactate until after DS was born. This time, I've been leaking a little on and off for the past few weeks. I don't think there's a way to stop it...it's just something your body is doing automatically. I've heard lanisoh is good for cracked nipples. :)

But this is my first pregnancy ... Surely I shouldn't be making milk yet? Sorry to sound really dumb but I am freaking out!

I've been leaking colostrum since about wk 16! In the last week or so its sometimes a bit milky too. It's nothing to worry about, just your body preparing to feed your baby.

The more you fiddle with them/squeeze your nipples the more they leak I discovered! Mine were doing the same and I kept squeezing them to see if it was still happening and it got worse. Left them alone for a day and they have dried up.

I also rub E45 cream into them every day which stopped the itching/cracking.

Ok ... Guess I should stop freaking out now then ... But will I still make enough for the baby once she's here? I mean ... I don't wanna leak it all out before then! :blush:

Oh don't worry once you start you won't dry up until ages after you ween little one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->