help!! try to keep pregnancy on the down low!

pudge05

Reaction score
Hi everyone. We just found out we are expecting again last week. We want to wait until we see the heartbeat on an ultrasound. Problem is, my dad and I work out at the gym with a trainer. I'm nervous to lift weights in the first trimester. How can I get out of working out with my dad for a few weeks without my dad thinking something is up?

Say you injured yourself .. That always gets me out of doing something I don't want to do :)

Yep say you injured yourself of have the trainer train you separately from your dad if possible and let Him/her know what you're comfortable with

Can you call or email your trainer and let them know that you are expecting and to modify your workout?

Or you can just blame it on whatever flu/cold/virus is going around town.

I just tell my parents right away when I get pregnant. I've had 3 losses and they are always wonderful to me, I would prefer they are included even if something goes wrong.

Yeah just say you have a cold, I've had one for a full month so that would buy you sometime!

Or you could just tell your parents but ask them to keep it secret from others until you are ready to share.

I weight lifted before TTC, because my body was used to it, I continued with lifting weights into the first tri with no issue. I quit ADDING weight and lengthened my rest periods, but had no problems continuing with lifting weights.

Your trainer needs to know though, but don't be afraid to keep working out if you feel up to it. As long as you have been doing it before you should be fine. Don't push yourself or add more, or even lift a little less, and be sure to listen to your body about rest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->