Help understanding chemicals

mel102

Reaction score
I was hoping some of you ladies could help me understand a bit more about chemical pregnancies. On Saturday I had a faint positive on An ic then again on Monday I had an obvious positive on another Internet cheapie although since then I have tested everyday with a negative :cry: I have no idea what to think I only tested so early as my last cycle has been a strange cycle I have had a positive opk most days from cd 8 until day 20 so I thought I maybe was pregnant. If it was a chemical will I get my period as normal it's due tomorrow based on my normal 30 day cycle

Hey Mel:hugs: I'm so sorry you're going through this, I just had a chemical last month as well and any loss is devastating. I got my period like normal when it was due. With my chemical I felt pregnant until the day I started getting bfns which was the reason I decided to test again so I felt my heart getting tugged quite a bit. And just so you know, most chemicals happen because of a defect in the dna, I got this from the what to expect website which I will link after
"WHAT CAUSES A CHEMICAL PREGNANCY
At the time of conception, an egg and a sperm combine chromosomes (23 from each partner) to form a zygote, which begins to grow through rapid cell division. During that process, occasionally a mistake happens, producing too many chromosomes or not enough. These chromosomal abnormalities — which occur randomly and can happen to anyone — are believed to be behind most early pregnancy losses, and they definitely don’t mean you won’t be able to get pregnant and stay pregnant in the future. However several risk factors (including advanced maternal age — i.e., you're 35 or older — and undiagnosed medical problems, like a clotting disorder or a thyroid condition) can put you at a higher risk of chemical pregnancies."source
sadly chemicals are more common than we think and there is nothing that can prevent them:nope: just know that it was out of your hands and please don't ever blame yourself:hugs: I hope I helped a little:flower:

Thanks abii you really have helped :hugs:my period is due tomorrow so will see what happens. It sounds silly but a part of me wants to believe them tests where a bad batch and I could still get my BFP but can't face another Blank test :nope:

Thanks abii you really have helped :hugs:my period is due tomorrow so will see what happens. It sounds silly but a part of me wants to believe them tests where a bad batch and I could still get my BFP but can't face another Blank test :nope:
I'm glad I could help a little:flower: and I definitely understand that, my tests kept getting more faint until they were stark white, it crushed me seeing it get lighter everyday:cry: I couldn't stop testing because I was too impatient to know what was going on so I kinda set myself up for the heartbreak. I hope it was just a bad batch, keeping my fx'd hun:hugs:

My period came a day late I think. Some find it is a few days late but it could also come on time. Its heartbreaking. Hugs

I'm so sorry Mel! I hope the best for you! Losses are devastating! Hang in there hun! xxxx

Hey Mel:hugs: I'm so sorry you're going through this, I just had a chemical last month as well and any loss is devastating. I got my period like normal when it was due. With my chemical I felt pregnant until the day I started getting bfns which was the reason I decided to test again so I felt my heart getting tugged quite a bit. And just so you know, most chemicals happen because of a defect in the dna, I got this from the what to expect website which I will link after
"WHAT CAUSES A CHEMICAL PREGNANCY
At the time of conception, an egg and a sperm combine chromosomes (23 from each partner) to form a zygote, which begins to grow through rapid cell division. During that process, occasionally a mistake happens, producing too many chromosomes or not enough. These chromosomal abnormalities — which occur randomly and can happen to anyone — are believed to be behind most early pregnancy losses, and they definitely don’t mean you won’t be able to get pregnant and stay pregnant in the future. However several risk factors (including advanced maternal age — i.e., you're 35 or older — and undiagnosed medical problems, like a clotting disorder or a thyroid condition) can put you at a higher risk of chemical pregnancies.
sadly chemicals are more common than we think and there is nothing that can prevent them:nope: just know that it was out of your hands and please don't ever blame yourself:hugs: I hope I helped a little:flower:

Good idea, thank you

Thanks everyone AF was due yesterday but no show yet. I've been looking on Amazon and it seems a few people are complaining of false positives with the one step tests recently so am not sure what to think x

I think that sometimes people feel like they got a "false positive" if their tests were positive but then they get a period shortly after. I don't think that many of them understand what a chemical pregnancy is. With my chemical I got many faint positives on a couple different brands. The tests never darkened up, though, so I knew it wasn't going to happen for me. I eventually got my period a few days late. The period was pretty normal, aside from a wicked migraine I got from the dropping hormones, I think. However, my body was still thrown off by the pregnancy, even though it was so brief and wrapped up easily. I didn't get my next period for 7 weeks-- which is not normal for me.

The good news is that many women see a period of increased fertility right after a chemical pregnancy. I hope that if this isn't your month, then that turns out to be the case for you. :hugs:

Its both sad and a relief when your period comes. I got pregnant with my daughter exactly 2 weeks after my chemical and that pregnancy went well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->