Help!!! Updated 1st post!

tootsy1987

Abbi and Alfie - My World
Reaction score
A brilliant friend of mine (jenny25) has loaned me her doppler so i can her LO's heartbeat... but i cant find it :cry: i thought at nearly 14 weeks it would be easy to detect but all i can find on my left side is a REALLY loud heart beat that matches mine exactly, its my pulse at 80bpm sounds like a really loud barking dog.. but whats strange is its really loud in one part of my stumach.. but i cant find babys heartbeat anywhere... i was looking for nearly 40 minutes and now im nearly in tears cause i cant hear a thing!! any advice on how to find it? its a BF500 doppler. how hard do i push down? where should i be looking? i moved it all over my tummy! how loud should it be?? HELP! :'( xxx

FOUND IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks sooo much girls!! i was looking way way too high... it was right down in centre of my pubic bone! i caught it straight away as i moved it over, we counted it at 168bpm!! sounded like a train more than a galloping horse! isnt that supposed to mean a certain sex lol? soo over the moon!!!!!! xxxxx

Hi hun. Even the midwifes and docs won't do it for you till 16 plus weeks, and some won't even do it then. Baby is so tiny, not to mention it depends where your placenta is in relation to baby, and there are so mny places for baby to hide.

I'd have been more surprised if you could have found it. Give it a few weeks and try again

Xxx

awww thanks hun! i didnt know that as these dopplers are advertised to pic up the hb at 10 weeks.. and loads of people have mentioned they have found hb by now :( im now worried :( xxx

Hey dont go worrying tootsy!! I couldnt find mine either but midwife got it nearly straight away at my appointment. I was just searching too hard and it was still too early at just over 14 weeks!!
Now STOP WORRYING missy!!!! :)

Heehee don't mean to be rude but a lot of people hear what they want to and mistake their own (or gurgly tums!).

Try not to worry but if you are, give your midwife/doc a call.

Xxx

it takes ages to find it this early, if you do look for it again try really low down, at your pubic bone & move it slowly, sometime i have to angle the probe a bit to find it. It took me ages to find my babys earlier so try not to worry xx

aww thanks girls!! :) could i may have been searching too high? vinny chick where did she find yours?? thanks millions! xxx

Look lower than you would normally, its pretty low even altho ud think it would be higher youd be surprised that its still v low!

aww thanks girls!! you are all stars!! will try again shortly and report back! i think i was looking too high.. i didnt look anywhere lower than my hip bones xxx

Hey chick!!! calm doooown!! I still cant find a heartbeat on some of these dopplers!!!!

x

moooooooooobagss!! come on msn chicken!! :D :D :D love ya xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"