HELP ... Urgent 21 day bloods query

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by Farie, Oct 15, 2008.

1. Farie

Farie Well-Known Member

Rather Urgent HELP!!
    Hi ladies, I hope you don't mind me posting inhere but I'm only about 7 days off TTC for 12 months and I have a question I'm really hoping you can rather urgently answer ....

So today I O'd (CD23 VERY late) and I'm meant to be having my 21 day bloods taken today (yes I know its late but that 'cos I have a slightly longer cycle than usual)
    Dr recommended CD23 for the bloods .. but I think she thought (as did I) that I'd have O'd by then ....

So .. my question .. do I go today or try to go tomorrow/Friday and leave it a little till after O?
    I have read conflicting reports on the web, some say it should be 7 days after O and some say & days before AF?

I hate having blood taken with a passion but am all geared up for this .. but would rather not have to have it done multiple times cos of my STUPID body

Suggestion please? Do I go today as I'm 7 days before AF, or do I wait for a few days till O has passed?

*ps; posted in LTTTC too as I really dont want to wast a trip to the Dr and would love some advice!*

2. aflight84

aflight84 Mummy to a princess x

i was told it should be 7dpo but if youdon't know for sure that you've o'd it's quite hard to work out.
    i had mine 5dpo and they were great results so it can be different for everyone i think

3. Farie

Farie Well-Known Member

I know when I O but the trouble is that if I wait till 7DPO AF will have arrived :dohh:
    Arghhhh I think I may go anyway and hope for the best

4. aflight84

aflight84 Mummy to a princess x

i'd call your GP/Gynea and ask what they suggest say that you didn't O early and don't know what to do

5. Farie

Farie Well-Known Member

Thank you honey, just called the Dr and the receptionist was about as helpful as a chocolate fireguard

She just said that as the Dr said go on CD23 I should go today (CD32) :dohh:
    I'm worried that If I wait to long I'll start spotting as AF gets closer (I spot about 4 days before she arrives .... and that's then to late for the tests :hissy: why is nothing ever simple?

Hey ho ... guess I'm going to get used to needles huh? :rofl:

Stupid body and stupid short LP and stupid late O :hissy: did I ever mention I hate my body? :rofl:

6. Lyns

Lyns Mama to two <3

I had this issue last week....when my doc booked me for Progesterone tests, based on 7 days before my period was due and I was sure that was wrong.

Apparently 'CD21' is the suggested date as that is based on 'normal' people who have a normal 28 day cycle and Ov on CD14. Way to go on the normal huh?..not my words btw, just a lot of what i picked up in various medical texts. (I figured if I was normal - why am I not pregnant and why would I need those tests!:hissy:)

My LP is 9 or 10 days so my tests were booked only 2 days after I Ov'd.....so I just changed them. Ideal is 7 days after Ov, but its Ok a day or two either side of that.

7. Farie

Farie Well-Known Member

Well I was brave and faced the needle! :rofl:

Nurse was really good and VERY quick! I am pretty sure that despite the PEAK today I actually O'd early yesterday (I missed a POAS for the CBFM on CD21 and I think that mucked it up - it should have been my 1st PEAK - spent ages on the bus on the way there with my diary trying to work it all out in relation to other cycles :rofl:)
    The nurse made a note of my test paperwork that the test was only done approx 1DPO and might need to be re-done.
    She did that that 'cos I get bad spotting 4/5 days before AF I did the right thing coming in today, apparently once you start spotting the 21day test is no longer as accurate?

Anyway, at least I faced my needle demons!
    Now just need to wait for AF so I can go and get the CD3 test done :rofl:
    Results of this one on Tuesday.

*Lynns - thank you :hugs: I've heard a lot about the perfect cycle recently!! Wish I had one :rofl: currently I'd kill for a 28 day cyle with O on CD14 :rofl:
    Its such a pain trying to fit in the tests between a very late O and AF spotting :hissy: (and my luck this cycle I'll get no spotting at all and :witch: will just turn up announced on CD31 :dohh:*