Help us Mother Moon!!!

Ive just stood outside for a few minutes looking at it!! Nothing is happening. Its very pretty though!

Well that came and went!!! Maybe the pull lasts a while......I'm desperate!!!

nothing here either :hissy:

good luck everyone else.. maybe the magic of the moon is working but we just aint feeling it yet

Fingers crossed for everyone

Mel x

FYI, just did a science paper search on this hoping to find some interesting stuff (my research was about lunar and tidal cycles so I'm all up with the effects of the moon on living things). I could only find one paper from 1998 and here is the abstract:

To refute the commonly held belief by the general public that the lunar cycle affects labour, we studied 10 027 deliveries over an 18-month period in a large maternity unit in Ireland. There was no increase in the total number of deliveries during the times of a full moon compared with other times. The caesarean section, instrumental vaginal delivery, and pre-term delivery rate remained unchanged over the times of a full moon. We conclude that the lunar cycle has no influence on labour ward activity.

Boooo!

Just out of interest.....

One of the first things I said to the young MW when I arrived was 'Oh I wonder if the full moon had anything to do with my waters going!!!'

She replied 'Ah - that blooming full moon - when I noticed there was one last night and I was on call I thought 'Oh great''.....

We asked if she thought there was anything in it and she said 'Definately - its always busier'.

The second MW on (much older and more experienced) agreed too.....so.....who knows!!

When's the next one ladies!!!
x

13th November and then 12th December are the next ones x x

https://www.new-age.co.uk/moon-dates.htm

13th November, im having that due date now, get rid of the 17th, Grape's coming early!! LOL

Well mines the 4th so I hope that doesn't mean I'll be getting the 13th!

Ooooo no, your allowed to go before the full moon, i give you permission :D

Thanks hon, I bloody hope I go before the 13th!!

I best bloody go before the 13th Nov!!!!! x

Just out of interest.....

One of the first things I said to the young MW when I arrived was 'Oh I wonder if the full moon had anything to do with my waters going!!!'

She replied 'Ah - that blooming full moon - when I noticed there was one last night and I was on call I thought 'Oh great''.....

We asked if she thought there was anything in it and she said 'Definately - its always busier'.

The second MW on (much older and more experienced) agreed too.....so.....who knows!!

When's the next one ladies!!!
x

As I said my research before my job now was on lunar stuff and I have no doubt that the moon can exert an influence on us. There was only that one article and no-one else has done it. I looked up some other stuff with different search terms and found more articles that mentioned the anecdotal evidence of increase in births but no others that had actually tried to test it. :shrug:

I did find another article that had pretty convincing numbers in it suggesting that conception at ovulation during a full moon really significantly increased the chances it would be a boy (it was like 40 boys to 2 girls) and conception at ovulation on an interphase moon (a half moon) increased the chances of a girl though it wasn't as striking. They also seemed to think a new moon (no moon) would lead to girls but the new and full moons exert pretty much the same gravitational influence so not sure about that one! Another paper showed that micro gravitational action can affect some of the cell structures when cells are dividing (e.g. sperm is made) which could arguably then cause one sex sperm to be ineffective. Quite interesting though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->