Help - want to give one bottle of formula

Halle71

Pregnant with number 2!
Reaction score
Hi ladies

I wonder if anyone can offer any advice...

I've been exclusively breastfeeding Matilda and now she is six months I have started weaning and would like to be able to give her one bottle of formula a night. I want to carry on BF for a few months but I've not been out since she was born and we are going to NZ in 6 weeks so I would like a bit of flexibility.

But.
She won't take a bottle. We've also tried a sucky cup but no luck.
I did express a bit at the start but we moved when she was 10 weeks old so I lost momentum and gave up and now I can't express either.

Has anybody managed to introduce formula this late and how did you do it?

Thanks

Hx

(also posting this in babyclub)

Can i just ask why you can't express? Sorry to be nosey, I'm just having trouble myself now and I'm an exclusive pumper and I've never heard of this before.

I found at this point I couldn't express much either, certainly not enough for it to be worth the time involved. I was told it has something to do with supply regulating, for some women it also means that we don't get alot from pumping anymore.

Could you try an open beaker like a doidy cup? Does she take any water from a beaker?

I honestly can't imagine being able to get any milk for him if I pumped these days either.

I just can't seem to get any out.
I think that now she is 6 months old my supplies have stabilised.
I have read though that even though it gets harder to express this doesn't mean your baby can't get milk. I guess they are just very good at getting it out by then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->