HELP!!! Wanting to start TTC in November but had a little accident...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrsClark24

Reaction score
So we have decided to start trying in November, after much deliberation etc. I've been studying my cycle for ages trying to get an idea of when is best to TTC etc so to have best chances (gonna try for a boy and heard you need to try on the day of ovulation so trying to pin point the day exactly!)

However... We have had a little accident. The condom broke.

Im on day 21 of my 26 day cycle. I got a positive ovulation test on day 14 and I'm due on my period in 5 days.

What's the chances of me getting pregnant? I don't want to get pregnant yet, We aren't ready this month!

But I read if I take the morning after pill it will affect my ovulation next month. And I've spent months working out when ovulation will be, the pill will mess all that up.

Do I risk it and risk getting pregnant or take the morning after pill and risk my ovulation being messed up next month? !!!!!HELP!!!!!!!

So we have decided to start trying in November, after much deliberation etc. I've been studying my cycle for ages trying to get an idea of when is best to TTC etc so to have best chances (gonna try for a boy and heard you need to try on the day of ovulation so trying to pin point the day exactly!)

However... We have had a little accident. The condom broke.

Im on day 21 of my 26 day cycle. I got a positive ovulation test on day 14 and I'm due on my period in 5 days.

What's the chances of me getting pregnant? I don't want to get pregnant yet, We aren't ready this month!

But I read if I take the morning after pill it will affect my ovulation next month. And I've spent months working out when ovulation will be, the pill will mess all that up.

Do I risk it and risk getting pregnant or take the morning after pill and risk my ovulation being messed up next month? !!!!!HELP!!!!!!!

When I took the morning after pill it started my period and I bled for almost 2 weeks. Itll definately throw your cycle off.

It sounds unlikely that you are pregnant if you ovulated around CD 14 and the accident was a week later. Your egg is only good about 12 hours after you ovulate. I would just keep doing what you are doing and wait for your next cycle.

I wouldn't risk it personally as as you say, it may mess with your hormones. I also agree that it's highly unlikely you ovulated 5 days after a +OPK. So you're probably fine.

I think it might be best to ask for this to be taken down. I'm as pro-choice as they come but talking about ending a pregnancy a month before you are going to ttc is a bit insensitive in a forum full of women desperate to conceive, many with challenges along the way.

I think your chances are very, very slim. Considering that many women on here have deliberate unprotected intercourse much closer to the time of their actual ovulation and don't end up pregnant, I really wouldn't worry about it in your case.

I wouldn't be worrying, it'll be next to impossible for you to get pregnant a week after ovulation.

Im a little confused as to why it would be so bad to get pregnant if your wanting to get pregnant this coming month? what difference is a month.. but yeah i say your alright..

Honestly one month can make as little difference as 2 weeks in terms of baby's birthday! If 4 weeks in terms of due date would make THIS big of a difference to you maybe you need to think about whether or not you are ready to ttc...

First, chances are unlikely if the condom broke several days after you Ovulated. The egg is only good for 1 day afrer ovulation and you typically will Ovulate 12-48 hours after a +OPK. Ex: In my case I O typically on the day I get a +OPK. Sometimes the next day.

Secondly, is 1 month difference going to make that big of a deal? 1 month cycle will affect the due date by only a couple weeks (as was mentioned above). Is there a major reason why 1 cycle (especially one as short as a 26 day cycle) would make that big of a difference?

Third, as Amygdala said, I think you ought to consider taking this thread down. I'm strongly prochoice, and I strongly support your decision to do whatever works best for you. HOWEVER to post this in a forum full of women trying to conceive (many of whom have been trying for months or years) when you are only a few weeks from the date you wanted to start trying, is incredibly insensitive to the women who are working so hard here.

The morning after pill isn't abortion. It starts a period soon after taking it. It prevents conception from happening.

The morning after pill isn't abortion. It starts a period soon after taking it.

Holliems, the morning after pill prevents a pregnancy after it was (potentially) conceived. You can call it whatever you like, although personally I don't see the need to disquinish there, but the fact remains that it's designed to end something many women here are desperately hoping for. That doesn't in any way affect OP's right to make that decision but this probably isn't the place to discuss it.

Thread closed; this isn't the right forum as this area is for those who are TTC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"