Help! What is that pain? UPDATE PAGE 1

Fluxuspoem

Mama
Reaction score
Its been 5 hours now that I have been getting a sharp and short pain on my middle lower abdomen ( just above the hairline) that lasts for a few seconds but its quite intense.

Its frequent, but not in sequence. So I could get two pains in say 10 mins and the another one in 15 minutes. The two within 3 minutes.

I have no blood or anything else that indicates danger but as this is quite intense I am a bit worried. I am currently lying down but it doesnt really seem to do any difference.

Any ideas please ladies?

x

UPDATE: Hi everyone, I have been to the doctors and he checked the baby and cervix and it looked closed which is good. He also put me on a machine to check for contractions, and I had two whilst I was on that machine. He has given me medicine to stop the contractions and put me on bed rest. I have to take it really easy now, and monitor frequency etc. I have a scheduled flight tomorrow that I cannot cancel and he said its ok to go but really be careful and take it easy.

Thanks all for your advice x

It sounds like something called round ligament pain, which is caused by the uterus growing. I get it quite a lot and it can be quite intense but comes and goes. Look it up on google and see if you think that's what it is. It's totally normal and nothing to worry about.

Ello, I was getting similar pain around weeks 12 and 15, It was so severe I thought it was my appendix but it soon settled and now I get the same but in twinges every so often. I've put it down to growing pains as my bump seems to get bigger each time :)
But if you're really really worried get in touch with your GP or Midwife :)xx

i get this all the time but on my left side it can be that bad in like bent over holding it. :) it sounds pretty normal hun try not to worry because if u worry u will tense ur tummy making it worse try a nice hot bath <3 xxx

Hello sweety - I had this yesterday, not painful enough to be really scary, but enough to make me sort of yelp and give baby a bit of a talking to!

If you're worried though, give your ob a quick call.

xxx

Since yours is coming in waves, I'd get checked out just to be safe. :) Never hurts to check it out.

If it is really worrying you hun then I would contact your midwife just to put your mind at rest.
It could just be everything moving around and growing inside.
Hope your feeling better soon xxx :hugs: xxx

Hi

I get this all the time just sitting at my desk the other day I said ouch out loud and my collegue loohed at me strangley. It is round ligament pain and it is a bloomin pain :hissy: it should ease at night and might be worse today if you excercised yesterday.:hugs:

I had exactly the same thing yesterday all day from th minute I woke up to when I went to bed. I was really worried too but I'm putting it down to ligaments stretching as bump seems to have grown today! Woah wierd! just got one now as I'm typing this!!!! I haven't had any dischrage or any other unusual goings on so hope we're just in the same boat and bubs is having a growth spurt!

im the same, i get it mostly on the right hand side, must be growing pains..

I had very acute ligaments pain from Monday until yesterday night.... it was excrutiating because it was constantly coming and going. As you mentioned, not like in particular timing. Sometimes they lasted longer or were different in intensity. Then the relief time felt way too good.

I got checked in case it was an urine infection. You could mention it to your mw just to make sure.

Today I felt them occasionally only (which makes a massive difference).

sounds like round ligament pain- I had that on and off up till about 21 weeks then it eased off- now I get it very occassionally :happydance:

update on page 1, it was contractions...

my god you poor thing! that's horrid- were they really painful???? at least you know what to look out for now! although it must be a worry you poor thing! take care and rest loads :hugs:

Take care and look after yourself - good call on going to the docs to get checked out x

I'm sorry you're on bed rest! Have lots of magazines and books, a tv and dvd player and if you can get a mini fridge for your room...it really starts to suck after a while but it will get easier!!!! With this one my bed rest will probably start around the end of October. Pre eclampsia has done me in with both pregnancies

Oh hun how scary for you! :hugs: More bedrest for you young lady!!! Take it easy on that flight and make sure your OH pampers you :D You've been thru enough! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->