Help! What to do!

xx Emily xx

Mummy to a beautiful girl
Reaction score
Argh I don't know what to do!!!

So we had IVF for DD and will probably have to again.

Hubby said he wanted to try late next year, but has now said he's ready now!!!

So my plans are:

1) save up another few thousand to pay for the mortgage while I'm on mat leave (probs at least another 6 months) then get referred to Gynae consultant to find out if I should have coil removed or go straight for ivf

Or...

2) just get referred straight to Gynae now assuming I will have time to save up while we go through the process.

I've been wanting to ttc so badly! But now he's ready I think we aren't financially in as good a place as we can be!

Em

I think this is a pretty personal decision. I'm not sure how long he process takes, but assuming it's a while then you could potentially have that 6 months to save up. However, you could conceive naturally which in that case you'll have to work around if it happens. You'll also have time to save while pregnant. Depends on how tight finances are I suppose. If you really need the 6 months to save up then maybe do that first. If you don't heavily rely on it then maybe save while in the process as you could potentially save up the same amount of time depending on how long it takes.

I'm no help haha

It's so tough! It'll take me a month to get a gp appointment! Then who knows how long for the referral! Then the Gynae consultant will need to review my case (we've moved since my DD was born) the if he says take the coil out I'll have to wait another month for gp appointment!!!
Plus if I think about it logically, I do actually have to be pregnant for 9 months!!
I'll also get paid for the first few months of being on mat leave so really I'm sure we'd be fine!

Guess I just wasn't prepared for hubby to suddenly be ready!!

Good job I'm a hoarder and I've got all DD things in the loft!! xx

Haha I keep talking myself into it then thinking of all the worst case scenarios!!

Go for it :) if you think you an save up for the financial side of things, why wait?

Will you potentially have to save for cost of treatment too? I'd go for it, even if you fell naturally first cycle like you say have the whole pregnancy to save and as you have all the baby stuff still won't cost much and by time baby here DD will have her grant funding. X

I'd personally go for it, especially if the process might take a little while. Good luck with everything :D

The Ivf clinic will need to run some tests again as last lot will be out of date etc. That can easily add a month or two to when you can get started.

Thanks everyone!
My shifts for the next month are pretty crazy so I'm going to get these out of the way then get to the Drs!
I've just got some prenatal tablets to start now, and joined a gym. I'm don't want to lose weight but want to go into this process as fit as poss!
mg Granma is going to pay for our IVF. Her and my grandad have quite a bit of money and he passed away the week before my IVF started form DD. He would have adored her
Em xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->