Help - where did my ‘good eater’ go?

sweetcheeks78

Mum to 2 gorgeous boys
Reaction score
Douglas used to wolf down everything that was put in front of him and then cry for more. Over the past few weeks he’s getting more and more fussy, I want my good eater back! Part of the problem is frustration on his part, he’s learning to spoon feed himself but loses interest quite quickly, but refuses to be spoon fed by me. He has decided he doesn’t want anything vaguely lumpy from a spoon (but will happily eat yoghurt or fruit puree when I feed him that). He’s ok with finger food, but he’s really reluctant to eat anything apart from a small range – bread, toast, banana, strawberry, blueberries, grapes, cheerios, rice cakes, oaty bars or biscotti. It’s all good stuff but he can’t live on that alone! I’ve tried lots of other finger food – cooked veg, bits of cheese, cooked pasta etc. I’ve just ordered Annabel Karmel’s book on finger food recipes so hopefully we’ll find some things in there that appeal to him. It’s so frustrating though, I have a freezer full of good meals I’ve made him and he won’t touch any of it. What’s changed?

Your good eater went the same place as mine I suspect!

I think it's normal for them to become pickier or have pickier phases round about now, I know 18 months was when Ruby became pickier.

Sounds like my 2 year old niece! Can't offer any advice but hope your recipe book gets good results x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->