Help with back pain!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by Pux, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Pux

Pux Ryley's Mom

Like the title says: I've been having serious back pain for about a week now. When I wake up in the morning, it's not bad... but as the day progresses, it gets worse and worse! It's killing me!

I work retail, so I'm on my feet alot (although it's slow enough that 60% of the day I can drag a chair out and sit down)

What can I do to make my back better? I've been trying to focus on having good posture but by the end of the day I am in tears!

It's not a low back pain... it's a middle back pain. Not sure if that makes a difference.

I wanted to work up until a couple of weeks before my due date. Is this going to get so bad that I can't work? Or am I being a baby?

Thanks everyone!

2. Scally

Scally Well-Known Member

U can speak to your midwife and be referred to physio. Thats what i have done and i have my first session tomorrow, where they apparently give u exercises to help and a back support belt.

3. MishC

MishC Has a little princess!!

This is exactly what i have, middle back pain but i work in an office and sit down for most of the day.

By the end of the day i can not get comfortable but first thing in the morning its usually ok.

I'm going to speak to my midwife next week about it.

4. NatalieW

NatalieW Well-Known Member

I would actually get referred to a chiropracter. I just been to mine and it's like heaven now!!! I did have a bad back before and only seen him twice in 9 months...

5. cs22

cs22 Mum and ttc# 2

I would ask youre midwife about physio. Hope it gets better for you soon xxx

6. Pux

Pux Ryley's Mom

We don't have midwives here in Canada (actually, I guess they just started letting them practice here in Alberta just recently... so I'm seeing a doctor)

So I should just ask my OB-GYN? What would a chiropractor do? Crack my back? Or do I have to do excercises? I think I'll be limited in how many excercises I can do because I also have Round Ligament Pain which I'm not supposed to do any twisting motions (although it fells like it helps stretch out my back)

I think I'm in a catch-22!!! I'm halfway through my shift and I'm freakin' HURTING!!!!
    Tell me I'm not being a baby ;)