help with bbt

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by lilme83, Jan 16, 2007.

1. lilme83

lilme83 Active Member

Hope every1 is great, as some of you know i dont get much chance to use the net anymore, hence why i havent been on in a while.

Anyway, i recently bought a digital thermometer (even though i said i wasnt going to chat lol) to start my temp was 36.7 -36.8, today its gone up to 37.0 - 37.1. to be honest i dont know what temp is normal, cany anyone help?

Thanx in advance love Clairexx

P.S :dust: babydust to all

2. Arcanegirl

Arcanegirl Bazinga!!

If its still up tomorrow then you may have ovulated, if not then it was probably jsut a one off.

Its better to look at a chart as a whole rather than jsut one temp

3. lilme83

lilme83 Active Member

sorry i should have said, i was due af sunday gone (14) and i thought it arrived on 10th but i only had 1 1/2 days of (sorry tmi bit) brown discharge, i just assumed it was a very light af but a friend told me not to count it as af as it wasnt red blood ?!?!? ahhh im so confused :wacko:

Thanx for your reply hun xx

4. Helen

Helen ICSI Twins + miracle BFP

Oooh! Maybe it's time to do a PG test.

Fingers crossed...

5. Iwantone!!!

Iwantone!!! Well-Known Member

average temp is between 35 and 37 is normal ish i think

6. Wobbles

Wobbles BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired

Temps can change for different women - Not all my charts were 'close'!!

Late AF would suggest a test maybe? :wink:

Good luck hun - On the up is good but not a reliable way to detect pregnancy.

7. RachieH

RachieH Well-Known Member

Hiya Claire

Your temperature rise could well be because you have ovulated. A dip in temperature followed by a rise (at least 2/10's of a degree) higher than all temps the previous six days and staying at or beyond this level for at least 3 consecutive days shows that ovulation has occurred.

Typically first phase (Preovulatory) temps will normally be between 97.0F (36.1C) to 97.5F (36.4C). Right before ovulation occurs the hormone estrogen is produced causing lower temps.

In the second phase (Luteal Phase) which begins after ovulation temperatures generally will rise between 97.0F (36.4C) and 98.6F (37.0C)....Allow for 1/10 of a degree out as I've had to convert to Celsius and I always hated maths!