Help with breathing techniques

Emmea12uk

The Folic acid police!
Reaction score
Where can I get help with breathing techniques? There are no classes near me at all:(

YOu dont need specific classes, have you thought about using natal hypnotherapy CD's at all - they include a bit of coaching on breathing.

Just remember to breathe! Its too easy to hyperventilate or hold you breath when something hurts or is intense.

I didnt exactly hynpo during my labour but used some of the techniques.

Breathing in through my nose and blowing out through my mouth in a controlled way - like blowing up a balloon. When I was using the gas and air it was remembering to take long controlled breaths and still blowing out rather than letting air just escape and NEVER biting the mouthpiece - you do not want a sore jaw the next day! relaxed jaw makes for a more relaxed you.

I use hypno but it is all birth prep - no labour stuff. It would be good to have a cd which I can use during labour to control my breathing etc.

Thank you

In the Marie Mongan book (Hypnobirthing), she suggests breathing in deeply for say, a count of 10 and then breathing out slowly for a count of 20, as if you are blowing up giant balloons. You can practise this while relaxing/listening to affirmations etc so that it's "easier" on the day. Then when you feel "pushy" drop your chin and "breathe down" You can practise this part on the loo (#2). I used these as a rough guide for my breathing.... just do what works and feels good on the day! Just basically remember to breathe! Your body and your baby need plenty of oxygen, so good deep breaths.... and focusing on your breath makes the sensations so much easier to manage :)

You're having a Doula arent you hun? I do breathing with my clients unless theyve done specific classes. Give her a caller text to ask her x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->