help with hot nights? x

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by daisy777, Jun 4, 2011.

1. daisy777

daisy777 Guest

my lo is 9 months. he still wakes about every 3 hours at night but he will only sleep even that much with a sleeping bag on and tucked into a blanket so he can't roll around.
    now its hot i haven't been putting layers on him as it gets roasting in my house, but he now spends ALL night rolling around crying lol. any advice? i don't want to wrap him up in this heat but he just won't sleep without it :( xxx

2. KatelynsMummy

KatelynsMummy Mummy to Katelyn!

you can get mini fan's that attach to the cot that will keep you LO cool, not sure where you get them from, i'll ask my friend as she told me about them this morning :flower:

3. ~RedLily~

~RedLily~ Well-Known Member

4. Jessie0612

Jessie0612 Mum to Gorgeous Adam

Oh my Gosh I just posted the exact same thing nearly! Sorry I have Baby Brain and didnt see this one!!
    Those tiny cot fans sound fab I might have a look for them!

5. My_First

My_First Well-Known Member

A word of warning about the fans. We have one over LO's cot, however if you have one of those movement moniter mats, although the fan wasnt directly facing down into the cot, the hum was making the movement mat think there was still bubs in it.

I.e. Turn the sensitivity of the moniter down a touch, and test it!

6. amy19604

amy19604 Well-Known Member

my lo likes to be covered up too, ive just been putting him in a thin sleepsuit,no vest, and 1 blanket, then if it gets colder in the night i add another blanket.
    maybe put your lo in just a vest under his sleeping bag?
    i use cellular blankets too, as they are quite thin and dont make him too hot, but he still feels covered up x

7. Ellie130891

Ellie130891 Barry(OH)and Ruby(LO) :)

i just pt a thin blanket over roo she didnt like it at first cause shes so used to the bag but i rocked and sang to her till she went to sleep on the boob...actally slept better than ever did a 4 hr block and usually shes up every 2 hrs xx