Help with milk & cups?!

Sophie1205

TTC #2
Reaction score
Having a bit of a nightmare with Leo right now. He's on cows milk now and off his bottle. He loves the milk itself but we haven't found any good cups :dohh:
I bought the Amadeus (sp?) Cow Cup and its bloody awful! The "Non spill" valve falls out of place when he drinks from it, I cant get the lid off it on my own without OH's help and the spout cover doesn't fit on at all, it just falls off! Ive read loadsss of reviews on the internet with people saying the same thing. I should have really read them before I bought it haha.

So at night when I go to give him a cup of milk before bed he'll take it for like a minute and then the valve falls out and he wont drink it and just cries like crazy because it's coming out too fast. So what can I do?? Anyone recomend a reallllyy good cup?? And also, does he NEED milk before bed? He doesn't feed to sleep which is a good thing. You know, he's still awake when I put him to bed and he sees me walk out the room.

I'm just a bit confused here. Any advice? :flower:

i found the same problems with the cow cup too, although i took the valve out to make it free flow , but couldnt use it to transport normal drinks as the lid was ridiculously loose.

anyway, i loved the tommee tippee flip tops beakers BUT found a real issue in cleaning inside the spout ( in that st wasnt possible) tried 2 avent magic cups which i thought were great until i realised they leaked loads ( not from the non spill bit , oh no .. from the screw on bit , lol)

long story short after trying many cups , i completely llove the amadeus 360 cup

no spout so easy to take apart and clean ( they drink from the rim like a normal cup), no leaks with the lid on ( minimal leaks if he shakes it upside down , withe no lid on) and i swear within a couple of days of starting to use it he got really good at drinking from a normal cup too ( although he still has moments where he seems to think " hey , i wonder what this drink would look like on the floor" lol so he isnt trusted yet to drink from a normal cup all the time.
but i love love love it :) sold in boots and tesco last i knew ( in tesco they are only £3.20 or something )

hope this helps

Ohh thanks very much!
I'm gonna go look into that cup now :)

Hes not sleeping too good really because I think hes missing cuddle & bottle time before bed but he'll get used to it I suppose. He still gets cuddles mind!

xx

Same as dali re: cow cup. We don't leave the house with it and also took out the valve for free flow. However it was the cup of preference for milk when we were first moving away from bottles.

We also use the tommee tippee first cups and have recently bought a boots own which is essentially the same. We don't have a bother with cleaning the spout though simply because we rinse the cups right away. The teat brush works well should there be any stubborn bits.

I do found with lidded cups that the last bit can never be drink without taking off the lid but it's good practise for drinking from an open cup. We often use open cups at meal times with water now but as above when we want him to hold it himself.

Thanks.

See Leo isnt good with holding cups. He never held his bottle. And when he does hold his cup he doesnt realise he has to tip it up even though we've showed him over and over. Ive had problems with all the TT cups so far, but ill keep looking :) x

Hannah uses straw sippy cups. I don't think milk before bed is necessary now. Hannah hasn't had it in ages (well before she turned a year because she refused :rofl:) She gets milk in her sippy for all of her meals and drinks plenty (plus her cheese/yogurt etc. throughout the day) and has a sippy of water on the floor for the rest of the day

Thanks I think that was what I was trying to ask. Like is it necessary now.
The past 2 days has been worse! Hes totally refused it. He drinks fine from the two cheap little beakers hes got in the day (milk, water or juice) but when we try to give him milk in it before bed he pushes it away and cries and cries.

Ok, so if it's not necessary to give him milk before bed now (as long as he has enough in the day) how should I be settling him for bed? I read him a story before then tried his milk and he was having none of it. Although he went to bed and cried for five mins then went to sleep but most nights if hes gone without his milk he cries for a good half an hour. So any tips on settling to go to bed??

:flower: thank youu x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"