Help with names and spellings

Flowermommy

Four beautiful daughters
Reaction score
We're team pink :thumbup: and have decided on the name Ada/Ayda. Now we're having trouble with the spelling and also the middle name.

I personally think the spelling Ada looks much prettier, but I'm a little worried that people may mispronounce it?? I don't think there would be as much room for error with the spelling Ayda but I'm just not keen on how it looks.

When it comes to middle names I love Eloise, which I think goes with Ada very nicely. However, whilst we were still on team yellow the hubby loved the name Quinn for a boy. I didn't, it seemed too girly for me but now we are having a girl I'm wondering whether to have it as a middle name since he loved it so much.

The hubby said he likes both so the final decision rests with me.

Help!! Lol. X

I like the look of y's in names for some reason, but we have a city here called Ada. I think people will know how to say it.

I love the middle name Quinn!

I actually think Ayda with a "y" is a prettier way of spelling it. And it helps sort out the confusion of pronouncing it "add-a" or "aid-a".

I actually think Ayda with a "y" is a prettier way of spelling it. And it helps sort out the confusion of pronouncing it "add-a" or "aid-a".

i agree..

i also voted ayda quinn

Myleene Klass has a little girl named Ada Quinn (but Quinn is her surname).

I like Ada Eloise.

Myleene Klass has a little girl named Ada Quinn (but Quinn is her surname).

I like Ada Eloise.

i thought her name was ava?

Is it? That's a bit better for the OP then (unless she likes MK and I didn't think anyone on here did :haha )

I read an online thing about the new baby and that said her first girl was Ada but it must have been a typo :blush:

Ada Quinn has a lovely ring to it! xx

Ayda/Ada is pronounced "aid-a" isn't it?? :shrug:

At first Ayda didn't look right to me...... but the more i look at them... i think Ayda looks prettier than Ada.

Ayda Quinn has a nice ring to it! (gets my vote!)

Ayda Eloise is also quite pretty tho!

I thought it was fairly obvious that Ada was pronounced Aid-a but my FIL actually said "What kind of name is ADD-A?". Made me wonder. The more I look at Ayda the more I think it does look pretty, and it looks like Quinn is definitely coming out on top with regards to the middle name. Which is quite nice really as all my daughters have traditional first names but modern middle names. So it would fit in really nicely.

Should really stop trawling baby name web sites! Just confusing myself, lol.

Thanks girls. X

I vote for Ayda Eloise. Such a pretty name. I love Eloise as that is my daughters name :)

What about Aidah? I like the look of Ada but Ayda is less likely to have pronunciation problems

I vote for Ayda Eloise. Such a pretty name. I love Eloise as that is my daughters name :)

I saw it on this site so it's quite possible that I stole it from you :haha:

Eloise is an absolutely beautiful name. :flower:

What about Aidah? I like the look of Ada but Ayda is less likely to have pronunciation problems

Think maybe Aidah looks a little to much like Aiden??

It's starting to make my brain hurt, lol. X

Love Ayda Quinn!!! Unique and very pretty!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->