Help! with school going to college?

ttcgirl

Reaction score
Hello!

i just wanted to no, leaving school in may. Very soon. and i am due august 21st 2009:happydance: i was going to go on to college and do a child care course there and become a nursery worker. this is what i wanted to do before i got pregnant.

now i am not sure what to do. As its going to be very early as college starts on the 9th sept. this is only 2/3 weeks from my due date?!!! and my baby is only going to be very young.

so i dont no wether to go to college when the baby is couple of months old and miss the first couple of months is college. or leave it and go the next year. but i just don't no what i would do in that year? i no i would have the baby to look after but other things to keep me going. i have spoke to my tutor about this and we are thinking of things?!!!!

BUT COULD U HELP ME? PLEASE:cry:

xxx:hug:xxxxx

21st august, thats my birthday :)
sorry haha, i just had to mention that. im not sure what to suggest though, sorry and good luck sweetie x

thank's anyway for your help! and will have to remember to wish u happy b'daii then! :happydance: thanks alot of replying though. least i have one of the couple of things on my chest of it!!! Xd

x :crib: x

hi ttcgirl,im also due on the 21st august with a baby girl,do you no what your having? to be honest i was wanting to go bk to college part time to studdy b4 i got pregnant with my 2nd child but i have decided to wait,wen the baby is born you have so little time to your self in the first fiew months,me personally would find it hard studdying aswell but thats just my oppinion,enjoy your baby wotever your decision hope all goes well.

hi ttcgirl,im also due on the 21st august with a baby girl,do you no what your having? to be honest i was wanting to go bk to college part time to studdy b4 i got pregnant with my 2nd child but i have decided to wait,wen the baby is born you have so little time to your self in the first fiew months,me personally would find it hard studdying aswell but thats just my oppinion,enjoy your baby wotever your decision hope all goes well.

Awwwh congrats! i am having a baby boy! tbh i think i am going to leave going to college. just dont no what i am going to do like my form tutor said you need time for yourself after a couple of months. its just finding something to do for an hour or so like now i am studying and preparing. write back. i also wish u luck for you and your baby.

hi if it was me i'd put it off till next year give yourself time to recover and the first year of your baby's life is so important lots of milestones to cover ,,,

you might feel better about leaving your baby with childminder then to !!

in our college the college nursery doesnt take on children till the age of 6months and this was a problem as i am due in july and i wanted to carry on going college in sept.
if you have a word with the college they can allow u to start your course later on :)

mine were but i changed my mind and decided to take a year out to spend with my baby :)

other then that surestart do childcare from 6weeks old :)

Personally I am taking a year out of college (I was meant to go back for my final year in september but am due 29th august) so I'm going back the following september instead!

heyy
i guess im a little older than u if ur talkin school to college.. but i fortunately finish college at the end of june and have my baby 1st october so - if you can call it this - quite good timing!!! similar to u.
i applied to uni for a maths teaching degree but pulled out application when i found out i was pregnant like everyone has said youll need time, and a lot of places will take a child from as young as 6 weeks but surely youll want to be spending time with him/her at their early days??
have a good think about it :) youll be fine whateer you do cos you have the determination!!xoxo

hey i got preg at 16 and done my gcse's whilst pregnant then had him in the july and then went to college in the september but give it up because i missed my baby and wanted him with me at all times so i would suggest see how your feeling when it comes to it xx

The college nursery may take from as little as 6 weeks. Also you may get cheaper rates and help with childcare costs.

Is there anyway to do part time college and maybe leave baby with family?

I can't give you much advice as I'm in US but I continued with university when I got pregnant and I still go. I'm currently doing it from home...

I would definitely advise you to move forward with your plans for education as far as your health and sanity allows you. Give it a shot now and if it proves too difficult, then take a year off and then go back.

Hi
Couldnt you go to college in feb as they have courses starting then?

Awwwh congrats! i am having a baby boy! tbh i think i am going to leave going to college. just dont no what i am going to do like my form tutor said you need time for yourself after a couple of months. its just finding something to do for an hour or so like now i am studying and preparing. write back. i also wish u luck for you and your baby.[/QUOTE]

yeah i totally agree with your tutor having a baby is the most amasing thing but can be really difficult at times,but believe me its rewarding,if you do decide to take a yr out theres plenty of things that can keep you occupied and stimulate your baby,i loved my babys company but a good adult conversation dosnt go a miss i no in the area where i live theres always lots ov mum n baby groups wich will be good for both of you and my little boy loved to go swimming. just a couple of ideas. xx

Hello! - thanks for all the advice girls! - the only problem is like college starts on the 3rd sept. very early after my due date. I no the first few weeks with the baby is very important. i am living with my Dad and step mum. My dad works at an airport and step mum is a p.t instructor at the moment and my mum is a teacher at a junior school. So they are at work monday-friday from half 7 untill about 5ish. So pretty difficult plus the baby father is not around. And the college course i want to take childcare is not running from feb it starts in sept and that is it so bit of a bummer there to! still not sure what to do really. And another question is? if you don't mind me asking?!!! when did u return to school or college after having the baby. Most schools want you back within 6 weeks of the baby being born.

thanks alot for your help.

Hi. I can't speak from any experience as I'm still only 9 weeks pregnant. However... don't you think that waiting a year would give you some fab 'work experience' with which to study childcare?

I'd wait at least untill the spring. If you have to go to college 2/3 weeks after deliver you are not going to want to go, believe me, you'll be so tired with a newborn to look after! And what if you end up needing a c-section (I did), you will need more then 2/3 weeks to fully recover, you can't be walking all over college from class to class that soon (you could really hurt yourself!). It's so much of a life change to have a baby, give yourself some time to adjust before going back to school or you may find yourself very overwhelmed. Good luck hun :hugs:

I would seriously just consider taking a year off hun. There are plenty of things you could do in that year, even building up to working part time if the course doesn't take on later on (like some do in Feb) it doesn't mean there's NOTHING you can do.

This would mean that by the time you're ready to go to college the next year you'll be able to put the baby into childcare and hopefully be in a good enough routine by then to get all your college work done etc without panicking about how to look after a new born.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->