Help! with school going to college?

I'm graduating from high school this year and planned on going to college this fall for nursing. That was until I found out I was expecting my second little one on August 25th. I decided to take a year and just spend it with my kids. I'll apply for college as soon as I can for next year, and figure out everything else based on that. I decided that I was cutting it really really close to the start-date of the classes because of my due date, plus I think she's gonna be late, so that's where my decision stems from. Plus, next year when I do go to college (Fall 2010) I'll be trying to look into what classes I can take online or accelterated. I plan on going to a tech college, so I'll probably have a bit more options than if I went to a regular college.

And last year (my junior year is HS) my school wanted me to come back right after (6 weeks) having my son, but lucky for me, by the time the six weeks was over, so was school. And I only left a week before he was due.

By the way, sorry this is so long (and probably confusing). If you have any questions about what I wrote, just PM me.

Good luck. :hugs:

Hey
Im a little older, I was at the end of my 1st year of my 2 year course at college when I fell pregnant, and I took a year out and I'm going back in September to do my second year, and my college have been great about it..:)
Theres something you can get called 'Care To Learn' and they will pay up to £160 a week for your childcare so you can be sure your childs in the best place whilst your at college.
Theres loads of info on the gov website so il post the link.https://www.direct.gov.uk/en/EducationAndLearning/14To19/MoneyToLearn/Caretolearn/DG_066971
Bt personally when I go back to college my mum is going to be looking after my little boy, just for my peace of mind more than anything.
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"