Help with Vitex

AshNTom

Reaction score
Hello all!!

I have just bought Vitex for the first time, I have irregular cycles, since being off of the pill I've had the following cycles:
1st: 47 days
2nd: 47 days
3rd: 58 days and counting

I'm assuming I'm not ovulating so I thought I'd give Vitex a go, has anyone had any experience? Good and bad?? And I when in my cycle should I take it? Straight away or wait until AF finally shows and go from there?

Thank you and sticky baby dust to you all

Im cd 5 just started my vitex a couple days ago Gaia brand 1000mg in the morning on an empty tummy. I took vitex in the past for 3 months.. No bfp but it brought my long (150 day) cycles to perfect 28 day cycles in a very short time. From what I remember in the short time I took it (3 months) I took through out my whole cycle did notice it made af heavier. I followed the directions of natural-fertility-info.com to take all cycle long. I plan to do it again this time, some plp have a different opinion.

Im cd 5 just started my vitex a couple days ago Gaia brand 1000mg in the morning on an empty tummy. I took vitex in the past for 3 months.. No bfp but it brought my long (150 day) cycles to perfect 28 day cycles in a very short time. From what I remember in the short time I took it (3 months) I took through out my whole cycle did notice it made af heavier. I followed the directions of natural-fertility-info.com to take all cycle long. I plan to do it again this time, some plp have a different opinion.

Thank you for replying!! Good to see we are so close in starting it!! Maybe we should keep in touch on here?

It's good to hear that it regulated your cycle! :flower: I'm hoping for the same.

Mine are blackmores 660g, I'm taking 3 a day as directed so 1980mg per day so will see what it does.

Do you temp or use opks?

Ur welcome! That'll be great, its defiantly the most amazing thing ever in my opinion. I have not started temping yet, I will when the Vitex kicks in. It also gives you fantastic temps, that s something I also remember. I saved my old charts as well. Hoping if works wonders for us! I've been on this site for 5 years.. Ready to share a success story lol.

I'm so excited!!!! Haha good to have someone to go through this with. I originally came on this site in 2013, we tried for over a year with irregularities and no confirmed ovulation before I went back on bcp. We got married and are 6 weeks away from moving into the house we built so now is the perfect time :)

Let me know when you start temping and we can compare notes haha x

How are you doing Ash?! Where are you in your cycle? I just finished my af it was a long 7 days long. Dtd today dh was sick of waiting.lol. not sure when my O day is going to be since I'm taking the Vitex. I will just be watching for signs. Have you ever heard of the App GLOW?

How are you doing Ash?! Where are you in your cycle? I just finished my af it was a long 7 days long. Dtd today dh was sick of waiting.lol. not sure when my O day is going to be since I'm taking the Vitex. I will just be watching for signs. Have you ever heard of the App GLOW?

Hi there!!

No idea where I am, CD62 with negative test this morning :shrug:

Still taking Vitex, day 4, also temping, however I forgot this morning :sad:

I'm using Ovia for tracking my cycle and GLOW for bbt

I know the frustation Ash, my last cycle was cd152 before AF. I'm sorry you have to deal with that. Hang in there the Vitex will kick in. 1000mg or more and it will kick in fast. You'll have your O day soon.

I know the frustation Ash, my last cycle was cd152 before AF. I'm sorry you have to deal with that. Hang in there the Vitex will kick in. 1000mg or more and it will kick in fast. You'll have your O day soon.

Oh wow!! Good to know someone else that knows what it's like!! Fingers crossed it makes the difference for me ❤️

I should be getting my bottle of Vitex today. I have extremely irregular cycles (45days+) and it drives me crazy. I'm excited to start taking them and hopefully they will help regulate my cycles. We've been TTC since March and I was on the demo shot after that. Hopefully it works for all of us.

Hi bpberger. I think you're gonna love Vitex. It's every "Irregular cycle" womans dream. ❤gl

I've been taking it twice a day along with raspberry leaf and AF started a few days after taking these. So, idk if it was the vital or it was just time for AF. Hoping that it's helping. How's it going for you?

I'm 12 13 or 14 dpo. Not sure exactly which day only track symptoms this cycle and nothing else. Been so busy with work and this is my 1st cycle bak on vitex after 2 yr break off it. Was just trying to get my cycles regular again before going back to temping and opks. Anyhoo... Today had a tiny bit of brosn spotting. I do spot before af usually 1-3 days before. I could be out but I wont know for a few more days. Don't have any test unfortunately so just waiting until Mon. To see if full on AF comes.

On the plus side I ovulated on cd 12 taking the vitex. Soooo thrilled it didn't take several cycles to have a good O date like in the past.

Hi ladies, Im on CD83!!!!!!!!!!!! :sad:

Taking Vitex 3 times a day with blackmores conceive well gold and still no AF, not sure what direction to go in :/

bpberger, sounds like the mix of the two is working for you :) Fingers crossed

robinsonmom, any news re testing? :dust:

Oh no Ash! I'm so surprise vitex is taking that long for you. I know how you feel, ive had several cd150+ days. Af got me, im cd 7 today vitex made mg O on cd 12 so thats a huge plus. Ready to get a regular cycle and catch that eggy. Are you taking Vitex in the morning on an empty stomach? Hethir from naturalfertility-info.com states this is the best way to take it. I've had faster results taking it that way.

Oh no Ash! I'm so surprise vitex is taking that long for you. I know how you feel, ive had several cd150+ days. Af got me, im cd 7 today vitex made mg O on cd 12 so thats a huge plus. Ready to get a regular cycle and catch that eggy. Are you taking Vitex in the morning on an empty stomach? Hethir from naturalfertility-info.com states this is the best way to take it. I've had faster results taking it that way.

Hey :)

Yep! Nearly a month on it and on cd86 with no sign of AF.

I take 660g 3 times a day, how much and how often do you take it? I normally take it after meals so I might switch to first thing :)

I take 1000 mg first thing in the A.M. on an empty belly thats it. I just finished my first bottle today of the Gaia brand which will make 30days today taking vitex and just ended my 1st cycle on it. I don't take more then 1000mg because It caused some depression last time. Are your capsules powder? Gaia capsule is liquid.

I take 1000 mg first thing in the A.M. on an empty belly thats it. I just finished my first bottle today of the Gaia brand which will make 30days today taking vitex and just ended my 1st cycle on it. I don't take more then 1000mg because It caused some depression last time. Are your capsules powder? Gaia capsule is liquid.

mine are just tablets :flower: they've got 660g of vitex in each, so I might take two first thing on an empty stomach. been on it for a month in two days and am on cycle day 89 :nope:

Debating whether I should test again to be extra sure but not wanting to see a bfn or waste yet another test :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->