HELP! Worried about a false positive

21yrsurvivor

Reaction score
Maybe I can get some help here. I am currently going out of my mind because I came across how anti seizure/anxiety/depression meds can give you a false positive. I take anti seizure/anxiety/depression meds everyday.

Background:
FF had me O on the 14th on CD 20.

Had spotting 6-9 DPO (June had no spotting for almost a day, had sex and the spotting came right after sex, that lasted for almost a day and went away.

14 DPO Got a BFP on a cheapie stick (tested in the afternoon) then tested again with clear blue digital and that was also a BFP. From feeling super excited I became "excited" later that night and only did clitoral stimulation, right after I O'd (and I don't mean ovulated ;)) I started to spot again.

I'm now 16 DPO, still no period or spotting since mid yesterday (15 DPO from the stimulation) had lab work done. They took my blood for my progesterone level, HcG, and prolactin...amongst other things.

Here are the strips 14-16 DPO. Any advice or input? Thanks a bunch.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 22
HCg doubles every 48hrs give or take so looking at June 28 and June 30, i see progression.

HCg doubles every 48hrs give or take so looking at June 28 and June 30, i see progression.

Thank you so much for writing :hugs: I take it if it was a false positive it wouldn't be progressing?

No it wouldnt.

" It is important to keep in mind that home pregnancy tests work by detecting a specific level of hCG, in your urine. The placenta will begin to secrete hCG immediately after the embryo implants into the uterine wall, and the amount of hCG will increase exponentially in the first weeks of pregnancy.
While non-pregnant women do have a very small amount of hCG (under 5 mIU/ml) circulating in their blood, home pregnancy tests are not sensitive enough to detect this low level of hCG. Therefore, a positive result will appear if and only if the test detects enough hCG to indicate pregnancy. "

Thank you so much for writing :hugs: I take it if it was a false positive it wouldn't be progressing?

No it wouldnt.

" It is important to keep in mind that home pregnancy tests work by detecting a specific level of hCG, in your urine. The placenta will begin to secrete hCG immediately after the embryo implants into the uterine wall, and the amount of hCG will increase exponentially in the first weeks of pregnancy.
While non-pregnant women do have a very small amount of hCG (under 5 mIU/ml) circulating in their blood, home pregnancy tests are not sensitive enough to detect this low level of hCG. Therefore, a positive result will appear if and only if the test detects enough hCG to indicate pregnancy. "

Thank you! I just got/am frustrated because they said that the meds I take can make your HCG levels go up. When I read this on a few sites my positive and happy thoughts went out the window. I'm nervous/scared to see what the lab work says. I should see something tomorrow. I'm hoping its above 5 mIU. Do you think it should be according to these pictures?

No it wouldnt.

BTW, thank you so much for taking the time to write this and calm my nerves a bit. Highly appreciate it. I keep thinking negative thoughts that my results are going to be negative :cry: I have been tearing myself up the last day think of this. My SO is over the moon happy that I have positive pregnancy tests and I told him about this and he keeps saying in an encouraging way, "it's going to be positive sweetie, I just know it"

Here's a side by side of June 28 and June 30

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 6
Ok just checked my lab results. This is what I got.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 62
You are defo pregnant hunni. Don't beat yourself up. Now go and enjoy the next 9 months lady ! :) :hugs:

You are pregnant. The blood results and all the pee test results are clear about that. You are just overly worried because of the spotting. Just try to relax and enjoy each and every day for what it is :) I don't know what to suggest about sexual activity, some people just become irritated and spot after, if it is a normal healthy pregnancy then spotting is all it will be.

Enjoy the pregnancy!

Beautiful HCG number - you're going to have a baby! Congratulations :)

Thank you so much everyone! It means the world :hugs: I guess I'm just a worry wart LOL, especially since I've never been pregnant. It must be the hormones already making me loopy LOL.

You are pregnant. The blood results and all the pee test results are clear about that. You are just overly worried because of the spotting. Just try to relax and enjoy each and every day for what it is :) I don't know what to suggest about sexual activity, some people just become irritated and spot after, if it is a normal healthy pregnancy then spotting is all it will be.

Enjoy the pregnancy!

I was very worried when I had the spotting after sex, I had a feeling I was pregnant (intuition I guess lol) My mom works in the medical field and when I told her about the spotting after sex and having it disappear after almost a day, she said that hearing that basically summed up I was pregnant. I told her that o never spot after sex, so I worried for a bit, thinking I may have miscarried. All of that spotting worrying was nothing compared to the worrying about the medications possibly giving me a false positive. After I read that then I began to question if my symptoms were just a part of my imagination and me trying to be hopeful.

I started crying when I read the results last night, of course those were tears of joy. I guess it's normal to get all emotional this early in pregnancy.

Thank you so much for helping me relax girl :hugs:

Not true the hcg has to be over 20; right on her blood work it says over 4.

Wrote my doctor this morning and she said confirmed that my HCG blood test is positive :happydance: I have a nurse visit on the 7th and I guess she will then order more lab work and go over family history and such. Not quite sure what they do at those, anyone know? According to a pregnancy calculator I'm 5 weeks right now, and will be 6 when I see the nurse.

I have to wait till August 11 to see the doctor and there I guess she will do the ultrasound. At that time I should be 11 weeks along. I sucks I have to wait that long to find out if there is an acually baby growing inside (yes I'm being a negative Nancy) I'm still going to be a little on edge till I see that baby up on a screen. Anyone else ever thought like this?

Here was the first pee stick that was positive and today's result next to it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 4
Yesterday and today pee stick comparison

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 2
Congrats, you are definitely pregnant! I never spotted after DTD before until I got pregnant this time, I spotted at 5 weeks for about a day and again at 7 weeks for about a day. So I've gotten way too paranoid and we can do anything but that for now haha

As for your appt, I'm not entirely sure because I know it's different everywhere and my first appt at 5 weeks (pretty sure I was almost 6 weeks) was an ultrasound because of a previous early miscarriage. They may do more lab work and like you said go over family history and maybe pee in a cup haha. Early days of pregnancy are such a nerve racking time but you're not alone, pretty sure every pregnant woman has felt the same! :) just TRY to relax, take care of yourself and enjoy your pregnancy!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->