Help!!!

Renner

Reaction score
My daughter is about 3 months old and has received nothing other then the good ol' boob.

I breastfed my first daughter for about 3 months and quit. I don't want to get discouraged again and quit this time as well. So here's my problem, I would love to be able to have a night out with just my husband and I but my daughter WILL NOT take a bottle. She absolutely refuses. She doesn't cry and scream she just plain refuses by simply not allowing it to even touch inside her mouth. She pushes it out with her tongue and acts like it's the most disgusting thing in the world. Is that common?? She does the same for pacifiers and sometimes her own hands!

What do I do? Where do I begin? Should I have introduced a bottle earlier? :shrug: My first daughter took a bottle easily and a pacifier.. She's two and still has her pacifier :dohh: I would love a break to recharge! I've tried nipples that resemble the breast and I don't like the idea of forcing her by refusing to breastfed and waiting for her to be hungry enough. Help!!

I had similar issues. We got mil to babysit at ours after I had fed ds and went to the pubin the village so we were close by if he needed a feed.
Is something like that an option?
Xx

Maybe try a bottle when she's a bit tired and less likely to put up a fuss. Also, I've heard about some babies refusing the bottle when Mom is in eyesight.

What kind of bottle do you have? one that mimics the nipple with a slow flow is best. Lastly, what are you putting in the bottle? ebm or formula? if ebm had it been frozen or how long has it been in the fridge?

I have exactly the same problem so stalking! I express a small amount so as not to mess with my already over supply issue and try everyday! I have to go back to work in a couple of months and am already anxious as my lo sounds just like yours. I've been advised not to waste a ton of money (and can't afford to) on different teats, I've tired other people feeding, different times of day etc. So sorry I can't help but know you're not alone x

My first son would only take a bottle if i was no where to be seen.Otherwise, he'd want to nurse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"