Help!

Ashtong

Reaction score
I need some advice.. Okay my doctor had me come off all my meds when i told him I wanted to start trying to get pregnant.. Which is great but I'm miserable. I've been off depo for a while and have had some light spotting but no period. So I was wondering typically how long before I can see about taking provera to get my period or SOMETHING? I know typically it's a year of TTC but being it's so fustrating knowing that basically from the day I get pregnant it will be at least a year until I can take them again and god only knows how long it's gonna take for me to get a bfp. Sorry got ranting :) any ideas/advice?

I know for my dr, she wanted me to wait a year before she'd look into helping me get my period back. It came back after 8 months on its own but that was after implanon not depo. Ive heard for some it can take up to 18 months after depo to come back.

That said, I was on anti deppressants and although it was my goal to be off my meds before ttc, my dr said if I felt I needed it, I could still take them even when pregnant, just at as small of a dose as possible. And it sounds like you're on anti deppressants? You didnt actually say! But if so, you need to be weaned off them by slowly decreasing the dose as you feel ready to. It can be really dangerous to just stop.

Basically! My opinion is, keep taking your meds until you get a bfp, and then wean off them. Even if you take a lower dose than usual (ie if its usually 1 a day, take 1 every other day)
Also sorry if I wrongly assumed your meds were anti deppressants :p

Sorry I didn't say no I'm on fibromyalgia medication. And my dr wants them completely out of my system by the time I get my bfp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->