Help

HBGirl

Reaction score
I am using Alva newborns on my daughter. They are snapped to the lowesr rise. She is quite small.

They fit well if pulled tightly over her stomach. The only issue is if we use them at night she wakes crying inconsolably. She is battling with colic and it seems likethe cloth being so tight aggrivates it at night. She is fine during the day.

Do I risk leaks and loosen the waist? I don't want to keep using disposables at night. Last night she was hysterical until I put a disposable on her. :(

How many times at night do you change her? I only ask because if it's quite frequently you could try muslin cloths and a newborn cover at night time? It would be quite cheap to try and may be more comfortable for her? That's what I'm planning on doing with LO number 2, I used disposables at that age with my DD.
Sorry I can't be of more help, hopefully someone more knowledgeable will be along with more suggestions :)

I'm no expert, but from what I've found cloth doesn't need to be as tight as you think. If the waist is so tight it's uncomfortable it's probably too tight anyway (but I can't see so can only guess this!)
The worst that can happen by loosening is a leak, as long as you're prepared for one (spare nappy, clothes, sheet) just incase then I'd go for it and loosen! If she's gonna wake anyway its worth the risk! You could get one of those waterproof mats and put one under her just incase (the ones that soak up the mess not just let it sit on top) so you wouldn't have to change everything?

Hope you figure out the answer!

Thanks ladies. I'm going to do it!

Hope it goes well. With my oldest, her nappy was often gaping around the waist (she had massive legs so not all nappies could be adjusted to fit snugly around her slim tummy) and it never caused leaks.

As well as trying that, how often are you changing her overnight? With a nappy like that, I would expect to change the nappy at least every 3-4 hours, so if you're not it's possible (but by no means certain) that she's uncomfortable due to feeling wet.

I change at every feed, so every 2 hours. If I loosen the stomach they gape at the legs and she does pretty violent poops. LOL

I am seriously considering doing flannel flats with covers at night. I HATE disposables!

Have you tried pulling them up really high (unsnap the rise)? If you have them higher, you should be able to do them looser on the waist as you'll need a bigger leg hole as it will sit differently on her legs. It might help if it fastens over the top of her tummy rather than cutting across it too. Higher nappies help with poo explosions as well :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->