help!

klouise1993

Reaction score
Hiya I really need help as I'm starting to freak out a bit! If any UK moms could help please I'd really appreciate it. I'm basically worrying about the whole financial part of bringing a child into the world my partner lost his job the other day so I'm freaking out with what help I would get for a bit, obviously his looking for other work but I'm thinking as a just in case thing xx

Hey hun. I have no idea what help you will get but i know you WILL get help! The benefits system is there to help you in situations like this! I suggest visiting your local CAB office or i think there is a forum on here to discuss money etc you might get better responses in there xx

Hey lovely,

We are also in an unexpected similar situation.

There are benefits that can help and I'd definitely go to somewhere like CAB so you can get good and accurate advice to suit your particular circumstances.

If you are in rented accommodation, you could be entitled to housing benefit or council tax benefit to help with the cost and you should both be entitled to some form of income support/job seekers allowance for your partner. As well as child tax credits (I think) and child benefit.

Good luck with the job search for your partner. It can be so stressful.

xxx

If your on benefits I'm sure there is a financial payout from the government that you can get to help with costs of baby. Plus utilise any local buy and sell websites eBay etc

Do you work?

My husband was made redundant the same week I returned from maternity leave and we were in a complete panic. We were both on low incomes and I was only working two days a week. But we found tax credits really really helped us. It was a struggle, but we managed until dh got another job, and then tax credits still paid a bit portion of our childcare fees until I increased my hours and dh was moved on from his training wage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->