Help!

charliekay

Mummy of two
Reaction score
I'm well and truly freaking out at the moment. Before I found out I was pregnant I was trying to lose weight and was drinking quite a lot of green tea, I've just read online that green tea stops your body absorbing folic acid and should be completely avoided during the first tri. I'm so worried now :( one website says it causes cleft lip an palate and anothe says it causes spina bifida. I had no idea green tea was so dangerous in early pregnancy :(

try not to worry, as long as you have stopped drinking it now you should be fine.

I can't help but worry after all the bad things I've just read :( I've not touched it since I found out and don't think I'll ever touch it again :(

I do know the feeling, kinda, I was on Zapain which can cause birth defects, I stopped taking as soon as I found out I was pregnant, the worry is there, we just have to try and not worry to much about as that isn't going to help.

Yeh I know zapain, I've calmed down abit now I'm calling the doctors tomorrow to make my first appointment hopefully they can give me some reassurance. In the mean time I'm steering clear from google!!

I would keep in mind that people that are not ttc don't find out they are pregnant until sometimes 11/12 weeks or in some cases later (my best friend found out around 19 weeks) in these cases those folks are drinking, smoking, partying, not taking any prenatal vitamins, eating whatever they want and living their "normal" lifestyle. and in all cases I am aware of (friends and family) their babies are not affected, so if they are ok..trust me, a little green tea wont hurt <3 I know it's scary and everything can become a worry but google is your worst enemy!

Thank you, I'm starting to feel a little better know I've actually just sat back and thought about it. Google really is scary and I will be steering well clear. Thanks again for the reply x

I tend to google waaaay too much myself! If it is reassuring at all, I had a LOT of caffeine the week before we found out we were pregnant. The day of, I had about 5 cups, because I was seriously feeling the fatigue. Needless to say, I was horrified once we found out we were pregnant, because I've heard lots of caffeine early on can lead to miscarriage. I panicked and consulted a nurse friend, and she said early on, it's an all or nothing kinda thin, but they can be pretty resilient. Turned out fine! Baby is doing great! It had no affect whatsoever! ;)
Best of luck! I think your little one will be just fine!

I have been told now that I'm pregnant Google is not my friend. And after scaring myself several times I have to agree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->