• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Help!!

AngelMomB

Reaction score
So I'm ttc and I would have conceived today or possibly tomorrow.

I made pork chops the other night and put the utensils that came into contact with the raw meat into the dishwasher.

I put a large pan in and it caught on to the tube that disperses the water to clean and didn't realize. I used some of the utensils to eat until I realized what happened. So now it's possible I came into contact with raw pork juices. I'm worried I could contract toxoplasmosis. This would be the worst time right at conception when most damage to baby can be done. The utensils went through the whole cycle and even the heat dry cycle. However I could tell water wasn't able to hit cause even the soap was hardened on the door. I could smell the soap strong. So now water got onto the dishes.

Should I call the doctor? It would be too soon to test for pregnancy or toxo. Would the dry heat cycle be enough to kill it?

I would try to not worry about it unless you get sick. I think generally certain bacteria’s only live for so long and plus with the heat, I’m sure it would kill it. When I put silly things in my head, I try to always tell myself, “I can’t imagine what some restaurants have done that I’ve eaten at!” Haha

Agree with pp. I wouldn't get too worried about that. As a nurse myself, I'd say trust your body to do what it was made to do, and that is to protect you from harm, infection and invasion. There are many things we "want" to control, but simply can't. I don't blame you for the thought crossing your mind, but even I myself have to remind myself not to "sweat the small stuff" As my mom would tell me at times after I was pregnant with my first, "sometimes ignorance is bliss" meaning we all just know too much. Stay hydrated and used hand hygiene. That's your best defense 🙂 good luck this cycle!

My throat has been hurting which started before I realized so not in my head. Also toxo can come without symptoms. I tested the dishwasher and it doesn't get that hot. I think toxoplasmosis needs 165F to be killed.

I doubt you have anything to worry about but if you're really concerned, go to a doctor and get tested for it and put on meds if you have it. I really doubt it though. Best of luck to you :)

I called the ob today and she said to wait for a positive pregnancy test. They can't test for several weeks anyways. Now I have anxiety

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hayley1990
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"