Help!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by Sarah&Ady, Sep 6, 2010.

1. Sarah&Ady

Sarah&Ady Weight Watchers Champ!

Ok, I keep seeing threads about things people have bought or lists of things they are getting very soon.... I have NO list, have bought NOTHING and dont intend to untill little man is totally viable ( I hate that word) which IMO will be at 30ish weeks... so I have another 9 weeks left.
    Am I alone in doing it this way? I just can't face the empty arms syndrome again :cry:

Am I being too cautious or should I relax and start shopping? I feel like a right misery! :shrug:

2. FlatShoes

FlatShoes Well-Known Member

Do whatever feels right for you darling - I'm sure your LO will be fine but if you'd prefer to wait then do it!

You could always start to lok around and make a note of where the best deals on things are and maybe set some money aside? Then you could just go out and buy everyting in one go when you're happy?

x

3. Lil_Apple

Lil_Apple Mummy to 3 Beautiful Boys

It is completely normal to feel the way you do :hugs:

(Im so sorry for your previous loss :sadangel: )

I am the opposite and tend to be buying stuff in the hope that if I do it will become more 'real' for me. I didnt buy anything with my son until about 35 weeks!! When family were buying us things it felt so odd as I just didnt want to 'jinx' anything.

I think everyone is different and if you feel more comfortable to wait...wait hun..there is no right or wrong way of doing these things and hey it just means a full days shopping nearer the time when you are worrying less and more excited :thumbup:

xx

4. Pink-Mummy

Pink-Mummy Poppy's mummy

Ahh hun, I don't think you're being a misery at all. You need to do what feels best for you, and it's no wonder you're hesitant this time around - you've been through so much. Guess it's a self-preservation thing... and totally understandable. Don't give yourself a hard time - "stuff" is exactly that, just stuff. You can get it all together in your own time when you feel better about buying it all. Thinking of you. :hugs: xx

5. Sarah&Ady

Sarah&Ady Weight Watchers Champ!

Hey guys, many thanks for your lovely messages!!!! I feel like I should be buying something but something always stops me.... youre right though, it is just stuff and will always be on sale so no rush :) The most important thing a baby needs straight away is his Mum anyways :) thanks again guys, I feel a little better now :) xxx