Hemorrhoids relief?

starah

Reaction score
Ok, so maybe TMI, but since getting pregnant I have hemorrhoids. I never had them before so I'm not sure about the whole thing. My OH gets them quite often, but his says his are on the outside of his hole (TMI SORRY! haha) so he can use those wipes to get rid of them. Mine feel like they're waaaay up there, and it's uncomfortable sitting here. To be honest I haven't tried the pads because it doesn't seem like they'd help if they're up in there, but does anyone know how to get rid of them???

The most effective (but most boring) way is changing you diet. You need to drink loads more hydrating liquids - water, weak juice etc. and eat loads of fibre. I had them for a while as I'm also anemic and have to have iron tablets, but didn't want to take anything for them. So now I eat 3 weetabix for breakfast and have at least one large serving of beans/ pulses every day. Also I have stopped eating white bread/ pasta and only eat brown or wholmeal.

I was quite sceptical that it would make a big difference but within 3 days I was going for a poo (sorry if TMI) every day and the piles went! My doctor has also told me to be really careful not to exert too much pressure when going to the loo as it might bring them back.

Oh the glamorous lifestyle of a pregnant lady!!

I haven't had them so I can't give you first hand advice lol, but I did read about eating lots of fibre as SianMA said. Also, don't sit for too long on the loo.. if it's not happening.. try later. Think I also read to take a warm bath. You can buy creams from your pharmacy, but I don't know how effective they are - failing that, a trip to your doctor might be a good idea. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->