hepatitis B vaccine?

dbc51

Reaction score
Hi,
I found this forum to be super informative, and I'm wondering what your thoughts are on this...

I had to begin the series of shots for the hep B vaccine last month, when I was not pregnant. About 3 weeks after I got a BFP, not trying and that is another story for later.

So I am due for my booster 1 month shot after which there is a last shot 6 months later.

I've looked up info on it and it's supposed to be safe during pregnancy.

I'm just curious that I can't find any writings/posts about anyone's experience with it. I see no bad side effects anywhere. That makes me wonder, is it really safe? Would you do it or wait until after birth? Before I got the first shot, I had to have a titer done to make sure I didn't have it (antibodies to it), and I didn't have it.

I'd really appreciate your thoughts.

:flower:

I am due to have all mine done again, my dr told me to wait until after the birth 'for safety reasons as they don't know enough about it's effects on pregnancy'.
I'm a nurse also, and all the doctors I work with said the same thing.

Thanks so much for your reply Fannz94, I was leaning towards not doing it but just wasn't sure. This hekps. :flower:

I just had a look in the 'green book' - the vaccine bible, which states Hep B vaccine should not be witheld from pregnant women if in a high risk catagory. there is no evidence of risk from vaccinating pregnant women or those who are breast feeding with inactivated vaccines or toxoids (which hep B is) and therefor it should be given where there is a definite risk

I guess it depends on what your risk of contracting hep B is.

whooping cough vaccine is also inactivated (as is flu) and these are both advocated in pregnancy

In was in the same situation as you when I was pregnant with DD in 2009. My obstetrician had told me it was too late, that I would have to start over the whole process after baby was born. In my case I waited until after I was done breastfeeding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->