Her Own Room

PitBullMommy

Princess, FF & Angel Mom
Reaction score
Char has been sleeping in our room, in her pack n' play bassinet since she was 3 weeks old. Prior to that she slept on DH in the livingroom, on the recliner (when I was sick). We figured she was starting to get a little too big for the basinett since it was starting to sag a little, so last night we...put her in her nusery in her crib. It was torture...well, for me anyway. She slept just fine, woke up at 330 and 745 and is still sleeping now (1020). I hate not having her in the room right next to me where I can look over at her, it sucks. I'm glad she did well in there, and I know it's right to have her be in her own area, but still. I hate it! Some pics of here in there this morning....oh, I know that they're not really supposed to sleep with blankets, but she won't sleep w/o them...she's odd!

https://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j237/pyxie_rose/IMG_3255.jpg

https://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j237/pyxie_rose/IMG_3256.jpg

https://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j237/pyxie_rose/IMG_3258.jpg

I hate to to be a PITA, but it's high risk for cot death to use a duvet (if that's what it is) - especially on top of blankets - she's probably way too hot. You can use blankets and sheets though. There's guides on the internet about room temps, and what clothing / bedding they need to be safe.
Also, she should have her feet right at the bottom of the cot so she can't wriggle down under the covers... and it's a hazard to have soft toys in there too - if she wriggles upwards they can cover her head and cause overheating. I'm sorry to 'rain on your parade' so to speak, but my close friend lost her baby to SIDS so I'm fully aware of the risks and the way losing a baby tears your life apart.

She's beautiful btw, and you must be thrilled having her in her own room and having her sleep so well first time. :)

That blue one is the only blanket that she had on her...aside from the striped security blanket. We keep our house pretty cool all year round. The toys...I know they're not supposed to be in there either, but if even one is missing she will not sleep. They were in the bassinet with her too. She is big enough to throw them around on her own, so I'm not too worried. Thanks though. Here's some :dust: for ya...I conceived Char on my second round of clomid (and they said I didn't ovulate that round!) and I have PCOS as well. Good luck!

well done charlotte :) i'm dreading putting maddi is her room :dohh: gorgeous photos :)

I put max in his crib around 2 months old :( I hated it as you sai I too loved having him near me ..but he out grew the basinett quick ..I cant have any covers on him as he kicks them away or eats them soo I usually put him a good warm pj and mabey a recieving blanket ..he dose have his two anti-rollover pillows i can tuck the blanket under

P.S if your ever too worried about her and the cot death get the angel care monitors with the sensor pad It helped me ease up on worrying

Aww,look at her sleeping like an angel..not aware of what she's doing to mommy! :lol:

I'm terrified already of putting Lola-Rose in her own room...:(

Glad charlotte slept well in her own room. Caitlyn has been in her own room for a while now. We have the angelcare monitor with sensor pad for reassurance

xxx

I'm dreading Jess going into her own room! Well done PBM she's a beauty xXx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->