Herbal tea and 'medicine'

Miss_Bump

Reaction score
Hope to get a good response here...

I've got an awful cold, cough sore troat and headache.

Paracetamol isn't doing much and I need SOMETHING!

Anyone know of any herbal tea or something to make me feel better as I can't take anything as I'm breastfeeding.

Also, can Evie have herbal teas? She is snotty but doesnt seem actually ill like me

Please help I feel like my face is going to fall off

The best thing I find is teaspoonful of honey, a teaspoonful of glycerine and the juice of 1/2 a lemon. Dissolved the honey in a little boiling water, add the glycerine and lemon juice, and if it's still too hot, add some more cold water. LO can have that as well.

Thanks LP ;)

Can I actually go and buy the honey and glycerine ready made from a chemist?

And where can I buy glycerine?

Eucaliptus oil in an oil burner with a little water should help.

The best thing I find is teaspoonful of honey, a teaspoonful of glycerine and the juice of 1/2 a lemon. Dissolved the honey in a little boiling water, add the glycerine and lemon juice, and if it's still too hot, add some more cold water. LO can have that as well.

This! I just use sweetner instead of glycerine but it deffo helps and it's yummy :D

Glycerin is amazing for a sore throat. Boots sell small bottles of plain glycerin in the flu / cold remedies aisle.

In Germany everyone is really hot on herbal teas and meds for colds / flu and there is a tea made from ribwort plantain (GERMAN: Spitzwegerich) that is amazing at clearing your chest. I googled it though and you can't seem to get it in the UK.

Sage tea and linden flowers tea are good at helping you sweat out the nasties.

Also try echinacea - you can buy capsules / liquid at the chemist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->