Here I Go Again..I'm scared

trying2bamom

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I'm just writing because I am here again. Pregnant with number two. My DD was born December 1 2016 and now we are pregnant again. I am so terrified. I'm only a few weeks, I think, since I literally just took an hpt 2 days ago. I took it because my period was a week late, and low and behold it came back positive. I even took a second test to be sure:happydance:.

We weren't trying this time, but it's still exciting. I'm terrified, because my last pregnancy was so bad. I was nearly sedated for the whole pregnancy, I lost my job had preeclampsia, and my baby ended up in the NICU after being born. Needless to say I dont have the greatest first experience. I also know it's still early and I could have a miscarriage. I'm just a ball of emotions right now.

I understand how you feel. With 4 miscarriages to my name, I spent the first 12 weeks freaking out that that would happen. Now that we're 13 weeks, I'm looking ahead to the later stages and wondering if I'll have preeclampsia & a premature birth again!

I know it's stupid to say, but try to relax. I found distraction the best thing... it helped the days go by more quickly.

I also read online that women who've had preeclampsia, while more likely to have it again, often have it later in the pregnancy and more milder than the first time around.

I’m in a similar boat, my pregnancy went well until I went into premature labour at 28 week and then got really ill at 34 week, went into premature labour at 34 weeks and water broke then finally delivered the week later with strep b so baby and I both had antibiotics and she was very jaundiced and in NICU.

However, I’m feeling fine about it (other than arranging work- im a childminder so it’s going to be awkward) my mum is already panicking though! She worries about my health anyway never mind when pregnant.

I’m going with the whole “different pregnancy different experience” and keeping my fingers crossed

Congratulations xx

I’m in a similar boat, my pregnancy went well until I went into premature labour at 28 week and then got really ill at 34 week, went into premature labour at 34 weeks and water broke then finally delivered the week later with strep b so baby and I both had antibiotics and she was very jaundiced and in NICU.

However, I’m feeling fine about it (other than arranging work- im a childminder so it’s going to be awkward) my mum is already panicking though! She worries about my health anyway never mind when pregnant.

I’m going with the whole “different pregnancy different experience” and keeping my fingers crossed

Congratulations xx

And see that's the thing she was in NICU because she was Jaundice real bad and her sugars wouldn't regulate correctly. It was so hard watching her with that IV in her. And I pray I don't get preeclampsia again. I was on an antibiotic, that other stuff that help you dilate, and a magnesium drip, all because my blood pressure was so high and they didn't want to do a C-section. It got so bad that the magnesium drip wasn't working and they were shooting some other stuff in the IV to help. SO I had all of those iv in my while giving birth.

I'm so scared My SO is like he's worried, excited, happy, and scared all in one. He always said he didn't want to see me go through that again, because he felt so helpless because I was going through that and he couldn't do anything about it.

I am trying to relax. I just found out Saturday and it seems like now i'm noticing the queasiness that I didn't notice before getting the BFP. it's crazy.

Thanks for the congrats/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->