Here me out: Water Causing Morning Sickness

zmzerbe

Chance & Baby Z
Reaction score
Water has been a very tough thing for me to keep down. I thought maybe it was because my stomach has been weird lately in general, but the other night I had a glass of iced tea and seriously CHUGGED it down because I have been so thirsty and was completely fine. The craziest thing is though, is that I can sip on water and it makes my stomach do flips, but I can chug most any other beverage and be completely fine. And If I chug water to get it over with, forget about it... my stomach is would reject it IMMEDIATELY.

To ensure that I'm getting my liquids still I have been mixing a tiny tiny bit of the mio drops in with my water to give it some flavor, this makes it better, but gives me awful heartburn.

Has anyone ever dealt with anything like this? If so what was your solution?

With my son, I couldn't drink water without it making me sick. I sucked on ice cubes, made popsicles with just water, ice cold water seemed to go down better, mixed water with ginger ale or lemonade- you can also just put a little lemonade mix in your glass of water to help.

I hated not being able to drink water the most during the pregnancy, and I'm so grateful that I can drink water (and usually that's what I want to drink) this time! Good luck, hope it eases up soon for you xx

P.S. I've been pretty sick since 5 weeks, and finally the past few days have actually been more bearable. I've still been gagging and feeling like I want to throw up sometimes, but I've actually been able to do the dishes without gagging 2 days in a row! And I've been able to eat more things and had more energy to actually clean things. So hopefully it will get better really soon for you, too!

I hate water and still have to gage it down. I feel so full and my acid reflux seems to be worse when drinking water!

Same here. Was able to down glasses easily in the first few weeks. Am now 10+6 and its making me gag. I have to add apple juice, or worse Grenadine ( sugar). Can't drink it otherwise. I drink more milk now as well because of it. MS still pretty strong. X take care!

Omg I can't drink water either. I'm surviving off Gatorade and orange juice atm. Before pregnancy, I always drank water and coffee. They were the only things I drank and now I can't stand either of them.

That is so normal. I had same exact thing with my first pregnancy. I asked my doctor and she said totally normal and to try gatorade and things like that. Every time I drink (gulp) water, I get extremely nauseous. It sucks because I love water and drink a lot of it in my every day life! I think it should get better once we're passed 12 weeks

Water gives me wicked heartburn. Particularly at night. :(

water and I are NOT friends, and this has lead to dehydration :( I now cut gatorade with ice cold water and keep adding more water as I drink it down until I can't handle it and then add more gatorade. So far? Winning.

Omg same here....
I can sip it..im so damn thirsty..
I need to drink sugary drinks..ice cubes and ice pops xx

If I drink a lot without eating I get nauseous, also if I drink it in the morning before eating something I'm sick all day. Thank goodness it isn't just me

Omg I can't drink water either. I'm surviving off Gatorade and orange juice atm. Before pregnancy, I always drank water and coffee. They were the only things I drank and now I can't stand either of them.

Coffee is the same with me! I used to drink 2-3 cups daily and this time I can't even smell it without getting sick.

Another one that can't drink water here, just feels so heavy and threatens to come back up immediately after. I'm mostly having ginger beer (soft drink), and lemonade, with the odd occasional squash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->