Here we go ...again

Discussion in 'Miscarriage Support' started by Kimmac, Jun 2, 2011.

1. Kimmac

Kimmac New Member

Hi, everyone. I'm new to this site but feeling the need to communicate what i am going through. It was only a week and a bit ago when i found out I was pregnant...then, on saturday, i started bleeding a bit. I researched a bit and hoped that it was normal pregnancy bleeding. However, my first blood tests pretty much confirmed that a miscarriage was occuring. My HcG levels were way too low.
    I tried to carry on and went back to work the next day but since I'm in landcaping, it was physically really hard. Today, I had to leave work because the cramping is really bad and starting to pass more when I go to the washroom.
    I feel a bit numb but am afraid that I'm holding the pain in. It took us over 16 months to get pregnant since my last miscarriage, at 2 1/2 months. That one took months to get over and bleeding seemed to last forever. I was only 5 weeks this time and don't know what to expect as far as how long I will bleed etc. I thought it had mostly passed until this morning.
    Luckily, I have a 3 1/2 yr old who assured me "It'll be ok, mommy" when he saw me crying the other night. It's amazing how children can say just the right thing sometimes.
    Anyways, just felt like sharing and hope that each day brings healing to any of you who are going through this.
    Kim

2. Mrs G

Mrs G Lily and Tommy's mummy

Hi hun

I also recently had a m/c at about the same stage as you, I know nothing I can say will make it any easier but I just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you and there are (unfortunately) lots of us here for you.

Kath xx

3. Kimmac

Kimmac New Member

Hi Kath,
    I just wanted to say Thank you for taking the time to post some kind words. One thing I'm finding, in not wanting to share personal details with co-workers etc, is that I'm feeling a bit alone in it. I have my spouse, a few friends that know but it really is a secretive event going on. There are many great people in my life I could share with but not sure that I want to right now.
    Also, I know you understand what I am going through and am sorry for your loss. Hope you are doing ok.
    All the best!
    Kim

4. KateC

KateC Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry that you're going through this right now. I, too, had a miscarriage in my late 1st/ early 2nd trimester, then, recently, another at 6-7 weeks.

Hugs and hope to you. Every pregnancy is different, and maybe it will come easier and quicker next time. I hope so! I don't know about you, but I feel as though my first MC was much harder because I was so much more invested in that pregnancy already (lots of morning sickness and lots of time), but this one, even though it's not emotionally as completely terrible, makes me feel desperately as though time is slipping away from me. I just want to scream, "THIS WAS NOT PART OF THE PLAN!" Which seems stupid, but I like to feel that I have some degree of control over my family planning, and, really, I don't.

I'm working on letting go of that frantic time-worry. I hope that doing so can bring me a little peace, and I hope that you can find something that brings you peace, too.

Love and strength. Hug that beautiful little boy extra snug tonight!