Here's a little hope if af is late but you keep getting BFNs.

bluecanary487

Reaction score
So I'm 13 dpo and my LP is always 12 days. I took an hpt today and got a :BFN:, and I was pretty upset because the test says it is 99% accurate on the day of your missed period, so that basically means game over, right? Well, wrong. I started thinking, does 99% accurate mean the test is right 99% of the time, whether it's negative or positive, or does it mean that the 99% of the positive results are correct? So I did a little googling and found this article: https://www.babymed.com/pregnancy-tests/pregnancy-test-99-accurate. It basically explains that in order to be able to print "99% accurate" on the package or in advertisements, all the manufacturers have to prove is that their test will get the same result with a pregnant woman's urine as it would with urine that had hcg artificially added to it. The test doesn't have to give a correct result to be labeled as "accurate" as long as both tests gave the same result. So if you take the test on the day of your missed period and it's negative, you could still actually be pregnant; all that means is that a laboratory urine test with the same amount of artificial hcg would also come up negative. So until af actually arrives, there is hope. It ain't over 'till it's over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->