Here's a tip: don't use Google as your HPT LoL

prepping

Reaction score
I have a 28 day cycle. Clockwork. I'm 2 days late. I don't have any symptoms at all - not even PMS. So what do I do? google it of course! :dohh:

I now have it confirmed that hpt's will not be accurate until a week after the missed period and/or they'll be accurate the day your period is late. My little to non-existent CM could be an indicator of pregnancy... or not.

So rather than carrying on with my Saturday, I'm stuck in this little limbo of indecision. My DH is working. And the thought of going out and getting an HPT makes me come back to the computer again. LoL, man I'm a wuss!

And seriously, all this talk about first morning urine? well, little late for that anyway.

After coming off BC oct 2010, we finally decided to start TTC as of this month. This is not how I pictured it going down!

oh boy. *nervous*

Yea, googling things is not helpful. haha. At all. I get to relearn that lesson every month. I'm pretty clockwork as well, and was two days late three months ago and got myself all worked up.

Wait it out three more days. If by then AF still hasn't shown I'd take a test.

Good luck to you!

Well first of all not everything you read on the net is accurate!!! Lol and for that matter, not everyone has pregnancy symptoms, at least not early on! You said your AF is two days late??? Then you could probably get one of the first response tests that say results up to six days before your missed period and not have a problem. But then again, not everyone will get a positive test result within the first month(sorry its a smalll percent of people but it does happen).... I would probably test tomorrow morning and then again in two to three days if AF still doesn't show. BUt that's just me! Good luck!

Some people also get bfp's before their missed period too, usually between 9-14dpo. 3 of my friends had this experience so it is possible which is interesting. I guess you're never out until the witch shows up.

I know just how you feel. Coincidentally enough, I stopped b/c in October 2010 too and this is our first month TTC #1...small internet. I google just about every symptom, cause, theory, story about pregnancy. I've been in the medical field so I have been known to analyze my anatomy/physiology books and I've studied the menstrual cycle at great lengths in order to try and understand what is all going on in there...I'm still clueless! That's why I love this forum, I can come on and we all symptom spot together and offer support and comfort. Good Luck and lots of baby dust!

Oh, Google can definitely be evil! I was Googling every sensation I had this month to see if it was a symptom of pregnancy. It turns out that everything has been a symptom of pregnancy for someone. I definitely had myself convinced until Aunt Flo crashed the party this afternoon. :p

Thanks everyone for your responses!!! Main theme being that the only way to know anything is to just wait it out. LoL. But hey, might as well read as much as you can and then toss it all out the window when AF comes along. :D

So here's the update: I was going to wait until Sat afternoon to get a test if there was no sign of AF. That was 2.5 days after my expected start date. It's the first time I ever tested so it was quite the emotional thing! It came out as BFN with absolute certainty... and then AF came along about an hour later. haha.

So now I've learned something about my body! Even if I have been a 28 day regular, there's still a chance that my body can decide to change things up a bit. It's a bit of a coincidence in timing considering we were officially starting to TTC this month, and now I have no clue when I should supposedly ovulate or even when to expect AF to come again! It's my body's way of guaranteeing that I can't even count down the days to when I should test.... maybe a subcontious psychological influence to get me to relax and just let things happen as they happen?? :p silly body wants to use it's own schedule.

MrsStutler, we're totally TTC twins!! That's pretty awesome! LoL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"