Here's my story its long...

Leetie13

Reaction score
I am 23 my DH is 44. We have been together for 5 years just got married this past may. When we first got together we were ntnp. Well after 2 years of nothing I called a gyno. All he told me was I am young and since my DH has 2 kids his youngest is 15, we should just relax and try for another year. So we did. I figured you know what if its meant to happen it will so we just went about our lives. Well here I am, I am now getting serious about trying. I have started taking prenatals & wild yam root and ive always taken vit. C. My DH is taking vit.E, zinc and vit C. I have always had irregular periods I can be any where from 1 week early to 2 weeks late. Well last month for the first time I actually skipped AF. 3 weeks late BFN she finally came last thursday. So I am going to start using opks to make sure I am ovulating. We did an at home sperm test it just tells you if you have 20million or more per ml and his was positive. I know he can still have low mobility but hoping vitamins work. We dont have insurance but if after a few cycles of tracking still nothing I will call and see how much testing will cost. I try to stay really positive. In the time weve been ttc 2 nephews, 1 neice, 2 sisters have had a baby 1 has 2 and just recently our 16 yr old neice found out shes pregnant and. 15 year old cousin found out she is( she got pregnant when she was 13 and has MC) We only get to spend time with 2 nephews since they are closest and I cherish every minute with them. But it hurts sometimes to see everyone around me with something that I have been praying for for so long. Well hopefully this is my year I am not giving up anytime soon. I will pray for everyone on here for BFP and I am looking forward to the support.

I wanted to let you know, at least in most states that insurance is not a factor when it comes to testing sperm. My husband may get his mobility and shape checked if next month does not work, and they said the most it will cost is $200. How does your doctor feel about your irregular periods? Is there any reasoning behind them? I wish you luck, if you ever have a question feel free to send a message!

No dr didnt say anything about my irregular periods he just said it was probably stress. I wont be using him in the future. GL to you and thanks so much!

Hi I have pcos it is a cause of a lot of women's irregular periods, might be worth looking into? I'm starting clomid for it this month, I conceived my son the first month I took it last year.

I have often thought that I had pcos. I am going to use opks for a few months to track my ovulation then I will call a dr. to get some tests done. I see your using clomid this time around too GL hope this is your month :)

Just wanted to pop in and offer my support. You and your DH have a similar age gap as me and mine (27 and he just turned 43). Mine also has previous kids which makes it a bit depressing when TTC because I sometimes feel that it's all my body that's not working right.

Id definitely get your irregular periods checked out when you can, maybe you can start temping to confirm O. The OPK tell you if you are having LH surge but only temping can confirm O.

All best wishes and baby dust to you....

I have often thought that I had pcos. I am going to use opks for a few months to track my ovulation then I will call a dr. to get some tests done. I see your using clomid this time around too GL hope this is your month :)

Opks won't really help you figure out if your oving if you have pcos,
With pcos we have multiple follicles but they don't quite mature enough, where a normal women just has one follicle mature perfectly and release an egg. It's the maturing follicles that release LH to give you a + opk, so with pcos a positive opk doesn't necessarily mean you've oved as our body is constantly TRYING to ov but doesn't quite get there. That's why we can have long cycles as several eggs fail to release before one eventually (hopefully) does

Oh wow i didnt know that all the reading i have done and never heard that. Thank you so much. If I do the temp charting do I need a special therm. And is there a site i can learn how to track it?

Just wanted to pop in and offer my support. You and your DH have a similar age gap as me and mine (27 and he just turned 43). Mine also has previous kids which makes it a bit depressing when TTC because I sometimes feel that it's all my body that's not working right.

Id definitely get your irregular periods checked out when you can, maybe you can start temping to confirm O. The OPK tell you if you are having LH surge but only temping can confirm O.

All best wishes and baby dust to you....

Yes it is depressing I know he really wants to have kids with me and he always thinks its his fault we havent yet but i feel deep down its mine. Hopefully we will get to a dr. Soon and get things figured out. Thanks for your support. Baby dust to you too :)

Oh wow i didnt know that all the reading i have done and never heard that. Thank you so much. If I do the temp charting do I need a special therm. And is there a site i can learn how to track it?

You just need a thermometer that has 2 numbers after the decimal point so it's extra precise!
Ovufriend is a site alot of people use to help and keep track of charts.

Cool thank you I will look into that and get a therm. Next time im at the store. I just hope DH doesnt think ive gone too far when i start temping. He still has the attitude that we need to not think about it and it will happen. He is always supportive hes just old fashioned and doesnt understand our thought process and obsessions lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"