Herpes outbreak around ovulation

Hope3

LTTTC#1
Reaction score
Is anyone else having problems with herpes outbreaks?

I've had herpes years. For the last few years it hasn't been a massive problem with hardly any outbreaks in a given year.

Now that I'm ttc, especially in the last few months the outbreaks are getting more frequent and they come out a few days before ovulation, so we miss our opportunity for that month.

This last month has been the worst with 3 outbreaks in a row! My partner and I haven't had sex in weeks.

I've started taking lysine daily which I haven't had to do for at least 3 years to try and prevent future outbreaks.

It's so unfair. It's bad enough I've got my age against me without this as well.

Is it hormones that is causing outbreaks at ovulation? Any ideas?

I've only ever had one outbreak (my very first and it was totally horrible--still have no idea how I got herpes to begin with), and then about 2 weeks ago I had just a very small outbreak. I started taking Acyclovir as soon as I noticed the first 'spot'.

They say that stress can cause an outbreak as well as a bad diet. If your body is stressed due to hormones, I'd think that could do it! Or if you suffer from PMS cravings and eat stuff you usually don't, that could do it too.

You're not alone though. I'm dreading having another 'bad' outbreak. They say it'll never be as bad as the first- but I'm still scared.

No idea about the herpes sorry but wanted to say is there anyway you can do artificial insemination if you got an outbreak so you dont have to have sex but the goods still get where they need to go.. or is that a no no aswel?

I've only ever had one outbreak (my very first and it was totally horrible--still have no idea how I got herpes to begin with), and then about 2 weeks ago I had just a very small outbreak. I started taking Acyclovir as soon as I noticed the first 'spot'.

They say that stress can cause an outbreak as well as a bad diet. If your body is stressed due to hormones, I'd think that could do it! Or if you suffer from PMS cravings and eat stuff you usually don't, that could do it too.

You're not alone though. I'm dreading having another 'bad' outbreak. They say it'll never be as bad as the first- but I'm still scared.

My diet is pretty good but I do have a stressful job. They're right, the next outbreak whenever it arrives won't be as bad as the first, mine wasn't. The first sign of an outbreak will usually be a tingle in the leg or the genital area or an itch in the place where the first sore came out. That's when you need to start taking the Acyclovir.

I've never bothered with it though. I was advised early on whether you treat it or not it will heal in about a week which has been true.

No idea about the herpes sorry but wanted to say is there anyway you can do artificial insemination if you got an outbreak so you dont have to have sex but the goods still get where they need to go.. or is that a no no aswel?

I've never looked into it seriously although I was beginning to wonder if we'll have to start using a turkey baster! :haha:

I'll see if there are any home insemination kits.

I've never looked into it seriously although I was beginning to wonder if we'll have to start using a turkey baster! :haha:

I'll see if there are any home insemination kits.

all you need is a sterile pot and sterile syringes.. ebay is cheap and good :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->