He's crawling!

Hope22

Mom of 1 beautiful boy
Reaction score
We waited a while for this, so I'm super excited! He used to just roll over and over, then one day he started to crawl 'commando' style on his belly and abandoned the rolling. We weren't sure if he would crawl on his hands and knees, but sure enough he's doing it!

Tonight he got up onto his hands and knees and moved one knee forward - that's all it took. He realized he'd moved, and was so excited he sat back and started to clap and giggle (we always clap when he's done well and he's picked up the habit). Then he got back onto his hands and knees, yelled 'dee-tee' (kitty), crawled four paces toward the cat and leaped onto the poor unsuspecting sleeping cat. After mauling the kitty for a minute, he started to giggle so hard he had to sit back again, and then it was a half hour non-stop crawling marathon.

Zoom - over to the couch, pulled up to a stand, grabbed the TV remote and laughed. Zoom - to the middle of the carpet to pick up a stray fluff and examine it. Zoom zoom - over to the table, to pull up and look over the edge. Zoom - over to the cupboard where out-of-bounds things are stored to see if mama left the lock off. Eventually he got tired and sat still long enough to have a snack, nurse and fall asleep.

I'm over the moon, this is so exciting. Last Christmas we brought home a 5lb 3oz helpless bundle, and 350 days later he's crawling, saying his first words, standing on his own... I got my Christmas present early this year :D

I'm over the moon, this is so exciting. Last Christmas we brought home a 5lb 3oz helpless bundle, and 350 days later he's crawling, saying his first words, standing on his own... I got my Christmas present early this year :D

This bought a tear to my eye i'm so happy for you. :hugs::hugs:

Well done Darwin for making mummy so happy and proud. :thumbup:

xxx

What a great thread. I am so happy for you! Well done Darwin!

Yayyy! Well done little man! I can't wait till Aiden starts doing things like this :D

Thanks everyone! He's clearly very excited about this new level of mobility - today he spent the entire day zipping around the house exploring. I think commando-crawling was such an effort that he just couldn't be bothered going long distances; now that he can crawl on hands and knees, he's venturing much farther (and much faster). I thought he was a challenge to keep up with before, boy was I wrong! I know it'll be ten times worse once he's walking, but I'm not used to him being so speedy and spent all day chasing him around, amazed at how far he kept going. The cats are NOT thrilled about the whole thing; they used to saunter away when they saw him coming and they seemed to know they were safe at a certain distance. Suddenly he's chasing them down the hall and they seem awfully surprised that he doesn't stop until they hide under something or jump up too high for him to reach!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->