He's here!

spunky84

TTC #4
Reaction score
Our little guy was born on the 8th (at 39+5) via rcs at 10:19 pm. He was 6lb 14oz and 19.25" long.

I was hoping for an attempt at vbac, but a trial of labor didn't happen.

I had been experiencing reduced movement for 2 weeks. At 38 weeks I had gone in. There were some concerns so a bpp was done at 38+1 that showed everything was looking good, including fluid, so I was sent home.

He continued to be quiet, but always managed to get the bare minimum movements.

Was on last Wednesday and Monday (the 7th) evening where he checked out okay.

By Tuesday afternoon, I had only felt him maybe 10 times total. I tired eating and drinking a variety of things to get him moving and laying down, but not much helped.

I went in again. They were concerned when I first got in the monitor, but he started to improve some. It took awhile for him to start looking better, especially in comparison with the afternoon before.

My OB recommended a c section that evening because my cervix was not favourable for an induction (as a vbac hopeful). She said she recommended a c section that night, but I could go home and wait for my cervix to become more favourable, but a c section was recommended.

As much as I did not want another c section, I opted to go through with it as I felt that she wouldn't have recommended it if she didn't think it was necessary.

It turns out my uterus was pretty thin (though not extremely thin) and he had hardly any fluid around him.

So I'm grateful for the fact that he was born via c section when he was. He's too precious to have taken the risk of waiting longer or trying for a vbac. He very likely wouldn't have tolerated labor and I honestly wonder if my thinner uterus would've increased my risk for a rupture.

Attachments

• 20150909_001928_HDR.jpg
    20150909_001928_HDR.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 23
  • 20150909_123247.jpg
    20150909_123247.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 21
Congrats spunky!! I pursumed (hoped) things were happening for you as you were quiet on the other thread.

Glad everything worked out for the best in the end and you went with your gut insists knowing something wasn't quite right.

He's gorgeous! Makes me excited for a newborn again! Good for you for listening to your gut instinct and going for the c-section even though you were going for a vbac. Huge congratulations!

Congratulations

Fab news Spunky - hope you are well! He's beautiful x

Thanks everyone :)

I'm so in love with this little boy. I just can't get post the scary thought of if I hadn't come in or had the c section when I did.

Every bit of pain from the c section is worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->