Heston...

Blah11

☼ Mummy to Amelie ☼
Reaction score
OMG he makes me feel sick :sick: cocks testicals?! Snout stuffing?! Boars heads?! GAG.

It turns me off and turns my stomach :sick:

i had to turn it off as it made me feel sick :sick:

:sick:

His stuff makes me want to puke. When he did that Tudor/Georgian/Medivial series with all the celebs, he totally turned my stomach. I gave up watching.

I must be in the minority, i love what he conjours up.

The themes are brilliant , the food however not to my taste.

V xxx

The stuff he makes does NOT look appealing at all :nope:

I used to really love him but his stuff is getting more and more disgusting every series :(

I'm quite adventurous with food really and I'd try anything once! I love what Heston makes! A lot of it looks really appetising to me and I can see how the flavours would all work together and complement each other. I guess that, even knowing what's in it, I just see a plate of food that would taste good rather than the individual components! It's only very recently in the scheme of things that we've stopped eating all the edible parts of an animal! If we were all more adventurous in our eating habits then the cost of meat would probably be lower as there would be more sale-able units of meat so they could make the same amount of profit when selling the meat for less. Farmers should also get a better deal. Plus there's just the fact that many people turn their noses up at incredibly tasty cuts! Pig cheek, for example, is delicious! I last had it at a reenactment show last year when we were given it by the hog roast people as it wasn't sale-able! The group that I was with was very annoyed indeed when people from other sections just threw it on the fire before we were done with it because we were kind enough to put it in a central area so people could share- we won't be doing that this year! We've not had the money at the right time to buy a boar head from the farmer's market but hopefully we will at some point- especially as it's less than £5 and has a fair bit of meat on it! The only meat I wouldn't try would be milk veal and suckling pig from outside the UK, but that's on welfare grounds (and hygiene when it comes to the suckling pig!), not taste! Rose veal I'd like to try. Mutton is delicious, as is ostrich and game meats. Wild boar is lovely, tastier than pork. I'd love to try meats like kangaroo, reindeer, etc. It doesn't bother me where on the animal the meat comes from. That said, I can understand people's reluctance as the parts of the animal that people don't want to eat are the parts that have either been part of a food scare at some time in the past or we have been conditioned not to eat for some other reason and it's difficult to break with that mentality.

Beca :wave:

It doesn't help that he looks like some of those things sound :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"