Hey girls. My questions have finally been answered. OPK HELP.

sunshinedust

TTC #2 After Late MMC <3
Reaction score
Hey ladys, I have finally been to see a gynecologist. He diagnosed me with PCOS, I have 24 cysts on my left ovary and 30 on my right. Finally an explanation for all my pain. I must have cried for hours yesterday after the news.. but, we are still going to continue trying naturally for now :) I would go into the full blown story, but all i will say is we are suing my GP for malpractice as I have been complaining for YEARS about my periods and pains. Never got anything but " It's ibs" Out of her and how they missed it during my PG and all the other ultrasounds before that is beyond me!!. Really glad I finally took myself to a private clinic now.

We are going to start using OPK's next cycle due to the news. So, I was wondering, how the hell do I go about that? Haha, much advice needed from the experienced OPK team. I've always been into the more natural ways of checking my cycles.

Love, hugs and bundles of baby dust to all! xx

Hiya from the OPK team ;)
How long are your cycles usually? Do you know around when you ovulate?
I'm really in tune with my body, so I pretty much know when I'm going to O (although these past two months have been weird)
When I started out with OPK I started POAS at around cd10, once it started to get darker, started using a IC in the morning, and a CB digital in the evening. Up until my loss I never got a positive on a IC.
Since my MC I get a ton of O pain and nausea around that time so I know what's happening. I also temp, but that doesn't help me that much.
I would suggest stocking up on IC at first, testing twice a day, because some women have a shorter surge than others, and you might miss it, and then think you never got a real positive. Once you start to see a pattern, you could go down to one a day.
:dust:

Agree with the above poster :) twice a day at first, and honestly I would start from the day AF ends at first. I used to have 35 day cycles and would start taking opks around cd16 because I assumed I would O around cd21. And never got a +opk. Then it occurred to me (with dating from my last pregnancy) that I must O really early and have a long LP. I then started taking 2 tests every day (1 around midday and 1 when I went to bed) from the day AF ended.
I got my first +opk last night. On CD 10. Lol so now I'm furious I've missed my surge every month we've been trying!

Sorry about your news, but I'm glad you have your answers now! Good luck :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->