Hey ladies.. metformin and clomid anyone?

hope2bemom75

Reaction score
Hey ladies. So i did a round of clomid and did not ovulate I have had my period for 14 days now and it is super heavy with large blood clots. I have pcos so I guess this is to be expected? Anyone else go through this?

I asked my doctor if I could do metformin with clomid and she said yes. I believe i take the metformin daily then the clomid next cycle? She didnt really explain too much. Anyone that has done this can you please help me out? Thank you

Hi, I'm not sure about the period but in relation to your medication. The metformin should be taken daily, start off with a low dose & gradually increase (wk 1 500mg, wk2 1000mg, week 3 1500mg). It can make you feel quite nauseous and cause diarrhoea so it's better to let your body adjust. I take it all in one go just before bed with a glass of milk & I have felt much better this time round.

The clomid should be taken at the start of your next cycle, mine was days 2 to 6. Hope this helps. X

Thanks I need to get my metformin from the pharmacy. My period finally ended after 20 days! ugh. Hopefully this will help. I am sure it will take a couple of rounds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"