Hey ladies Sex question :D

Brunette_21

Pregnant 1st trimester
Reaction score
Hey ladies its been 5 weeks since our wee girlie was born and i know you are ment to wait till after the 6 week appointment but im absolutely dieing to have sex. I had a small cut and forceps what should i do really want sex xx:shrug:

Sorry i cant help but didnt want to read and run. I had a c section and started dtd about 4 weeks after.

If you feel ready then go for it, just take it slow and if it hurts or feels too uncomfortable then stop and try again a week or so later. It took me 15 weeks to feel completely ready lol:blush:

I had a forceps delivery with episotomy and stitches and we dtd as soon as I stopped bleeding at around 4 weeks pp x

I'm sure I read something about air bubbles causing problems after giving birth and that's why you shouldn't have sex. I can't remember the exact explanation but was something to do with this, more than just if its going to hurt or not. You are close to the 6 weeks.

I thought that the 6 week thing was due to the area where the placenta was leaving basically a large open wound and that sex could introduce bacteria to the wound site before it is properly healed, but that may be wrong as I can't remember where I got that from! Xx

I was never told I was supposed to wait 6 weeks and I dtd after 3 weeks. It was slightly uncomfortable at first (second degree tear) but just took things slow and gentle and it was fine. Done it 4 times now and it is not painful anymore.

We did it after 2 weeks but I had a brilliant labour with no cuts/ grazes. With my first I had a graze and still did it after 2 weeks as I healed well. But considering you tore if just wait until you've had the all clear from your dr :)

i never got told how long we had to wait to have sex, i always thought it was when ever you feel ready. we waited untill the bleeding stopped which was at the 2 and a half week point.

if u not bleeding and u have completely healed go for it. just go gently x

Just take it easy!

You're brave, girl. I wasn't ready until 3 months postpartum.

i personally was not ready until about 2 and a half months PP after an episiotomy, forceps and large(ish) baby. When we did DTD it hurt like hell, and i was then put off for another month or so LOL. (and even now DH only gets it once a week if he is lucky LOL)
I don't think you necessarily need the all clear from the doctor as when i has my 6 week check (which actually happened at 9 weeks) the Dr did not ask me any questions about how i was feeling down there or give me any indication of when DTD was okay.

I'd call your doctor to see if you can get him/her to tell you that it's okay. I read something about sex and bacteria after childbirth.

Waited 8 weeks this time after 2nd degree tear and it was fine. had 2nd degree tear after my first and it hurt for about 5 months. weird lol. if you feel like it, do it

Wow, I still dont feel like I want to dtd! It was the same after having my first!
I guess if you have stopped bleeding itll be fine!
xxx

Episiotomies both births here - DTD after 3 weeks first time, and around 4 weeks this time. Just be gentle!! Lol

I had sex 3 weeks pp and I didn't tear. I was told whenever I felt ready.

I say go for it if you feel ready, just expect a little pain and go slow.

My body physically couldn't have sex til 3-4 months PP, the pain was unbearable and I would start bleeding like crazy. I had a graze that needed more time to heal. Expect the unexpected! Lol.

We didn't until 10 weeks post partum. I had a section and then got an infection so didn't feel up to it. We probably could have tried after 8 weeks but I think tiredness got the better of both of us!:blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"